• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rail light options

USA

I had a bunch of led flashlights come up on my amazon feed with push button switch options for a front grip activation. Does anyone run a set up like this? What do you use? I know amazon may not be the best source, but I've gotten some very bright and reliable lights for real good prices.

Sorry should have mentioned rifle was what I was looking for

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm thinking he means rifle. I don't have a pressure switch, but the Surefire Scout Light is great on my AR. Just don't sweep a mirror.

As for handgun lights, I prefer streamlight. I have a TLR-2 on my P226 and a TLR-4 on my P320C.

I'm thinking he means rifle. I don't have a pressure switch, but the Surefire Scout Light is great on my AR. Just don't sweep a mirror.

As for handgun lights, I prefer streamlight. I have a TLR-2 on my P226 and a TLR-4 on my P320C.

Looks like both of those are combo with laser? Is the TLR-1 basically the same but with the light only?

Yep, TLR-1 is just a flashlight. TLR-1S is a little bit more but has a strobe mode. I've had the TLR-1 and TLR-3 with no problem. A lot of guys run Surefire X300s too.

I had the TLR1 on a G17 and TLR3 on a G19. The TLR3 poked out a tiny bit so I'd go with TLR1 next time since the TLR1 housing is aluminum vs the polymer TLR3. It's personal preference honestly.

Eta; quick Google search says the TLR1 is roughly 40 lumens brighter too.

Are you only looking for a light or are you looking for a laser? I have the CRM-201 universal on my glock 17 and love it. Its minimal in size, effective and can be moved to a different pistol or rifle in the future.

Maybe look at something Universal. Just my $.02

Are you only looking for a light or are you looking for a laser? I have the CRM-201 universal on my glock 17 and love it. Its minimal in size, effective and can be moved to a different pistol or rifle in the future.

Maybe look at something Universal. Just my $.02

Not sure if referring to me or the other guy, im looking for just a handgun light.

I swear by the Inforce APL. Have them on two of my pistols, and LOVE them. Super lightweight, compact, and bright enough to do the job. Steer clear of the first run models with the QD mount and it's a great light. Priced right too

I use Solarforce for all my rifle lights. More specifically the L2M; it has a 2 tube body so it can be shortened down, compatible with most Surefire tail caps and cree modules and they are durable and cheap as hell

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom