• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rail for 24" White Oak barrel

richc

NES Member
Hey all,

I purchased a 24" White Oak barrel. I have a lower with a 20" White Oak barrel on it and figured I'd make another upper to use for long range shooting.

What would you suggest for a rail for this upper? Length? Brand? Model? Whatever you've got would be helpful.

Thanks

Rich

I wouldn't overthink it. I'd get something under $150 in a 15" length that would allow for adding a bipod. You don'y need any M-lok, keymod crap because you won't be adding all the gay doo-dads that others usually do.
For my service rifle, I just found a quadrail on clearance. $40. No one can prove to me it doesn't work as well as a $375 Geissele rail.

I believe I had one if those barrels. Mine came with an oversized manifold block for a .936 diameter barrel at the gas port. If yours has one also, you will need a rail with an internal dimension that’s is on the larger size. I think I used a yhm rifle length quad rail.

Dave

I believe I had one if those barrels. Mine came with an oversized manifold block for a .936 diameter barrel at the gas port. If yours has one also, you will need a rail with an internal dimension that’s is on the larger size. I think I used a yhm rifle length quad rail.

Dave

Thank you... you are correct. The gas block is HUGE and I didn't consider that.

:)

Back
Top Bottom