Raid in Springfield yields an major arsenal

That has to be the most tragic arsenal ever. Poor kid's going to get extra raped when they find out what he was busted for. "Wait a minute! The po-po busted you for a lever gun and two shotguns? Bring the Gimp."

You misunderstand us completely.

We're not "laughing at this clown." Nor are we "tough guys." We're laughing at the media for calling this meager collection of guns an "arsenal."

I get it. My only point is that if you don't pay attention to the small details (because we all tend to be lazy) anything is possible.

Delaney says that detectives received a search warrant for the home after receiving information that Oswald was storing numerous firearms improperly inside his rented room.

Oswald is being held on one million dollars bail.

Maybe his roommate was an anti and rated him out. The 'arsenal' was good enough for that part of Springfield....I grew up about a mile from there

We can all laugh at this clown and his pitiful "arsenal" but don't overlook how little it took to get a warrant to destroy this guys life. Second hand info of "improperly stored weapons" in his rented room? Think what they could do if someone wanted to toss you under the bus...

This is quite true! To put the tinfoil hat on for a moment, I ask everyone to ponder if this is not what firearms confiscation would look like rather than groups of police going house to house in a systematic and upfront search. After all, I think almost every member of this board who has more than a brick of .22 ammo in his/her closet could be easily painted as "a dangerous radical" with "a stockpile of guns and ammo" in the media if singled out for this sort of treatment. Heck, does anyone know if these two guys that were arrested were NES members?

Maybe this makes me a bad person, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want something like that scene in the Matrix where Neo says, "We're going to need guns. Lots of guns." And then racks and racks of goodies appear. I mean, that is just good, clean fun.

The mainstream media would probably need a two week junket to determine the appropriate to to describe that, and the police would have to secure in place, since my setup would be better than theirs. And of course, the charges would probably get dropped when all the gear disappeared from the evidence lockers.

- - - Updated - - -

This is quite true! To put the tinfoil hat on for a moment, I ask everyone to ponder if this is not what firearms confiscation would look like rather than groups of police going house to house in a systematic and upfront search. After all, I think almost every member of this board who has more than a brick of .22 ammo in his/her closet could be easily painted as "a dangerous radical" with "a stockpile of guns and ammo" in the media if singled out for this sort of treatment. Heck, does anyone know if these two guys that were arrested were NES members?

The important distinction is 'illegal possession'. If you started seeing many of these, and it was clear it wasn't legit, it wouldn't be long before things got ugly.

How does the weapons possession pyramid progress... starts off w/a gun then go's to a stash/cache' then to an arsenal? Whats next...because I think I'm flirting w/an armory. [mg]

oswald_castro_20130124163552_320_240.JPG

Clearly these guys are a couple of thugs up to no good. I feel so much safer now that these people with no criminal record are off the street.

Delaney says that detectives received a search warrant for the home after receiving information that Oswald was storing numerous firearms improperly inside his rented room.

Oswald is being held on one million dollars bail.

His name didn't raise any emotions. [thinking] If all it takes to get a Warrant to Search is a person to say they know that someone has X number of firearms that don't look properly stored, once the police get in, IMHO, it won't matter if you're stored properly or not.
Your firearms are going to be confiscated and you're going to have to fork out lots of money to chase them down and get them back. That's just my opinion. I wish I had reason to believe otherwise, but I don't.
Best regards.

I think this would be where good security cameras in your home videoing everything going on would be helpful.

Why not get a license? How did he collect those guns and ammo? That 1 mil bail tells me there is more to the story?

Yeah My thoughts exactly. However, it seems that some "concerned citizen" just has to call up PD and say they think you have weapons stored improperly and they can get a warrant and raid your house.

Are these charges for post ban mags?

(22) POSS. OF A HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE / FEEDING DEVICE
IBR: 520 - WEAPON LAW VIOLATIONS
(23) POSS. OF A HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE / FEEDING DEVICE
IBR: 520 - WEAPON LAW VIOLATIONS

Back
Top Bottom