• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Radio Shack Pro -2050 (Clone of Uniden BC235XLT) -- Programming Questions!!!

aeromarine

NES Member
I recently picked up a Radio Shack Truck Tracker Pro-2050 which is actually made by Uniden and I am having a devil of a time trying to program it to capture anything of interest in eastern Massachusetts. Apparently, many of the towns I'm interested in have gone digital and the User Manual is not very helpful with explaining the Truck Tracker functions that should still let me listen to the Mass State Police. Any advice?? Thanks!!!

I'm not real familiar with that model, but my guess is that you need to purchase a programming kit and program it from your computer.

Some sites will actually give you the frequencies and codes and some sites will actually give you the actual program - already wrote for your area.

Some Ham Radio vendors - I think The Antenna Farm - might be one - offers to program any new radio you buy for a fee - something like $30.00 for a Ham radio and it might go up or down from there for a receiver such as yours.

In the long run, it is best to purchase the programs yourself and learn how to program it - because you never know when the frequencies might change.
But at the same time, if all you want to do is listen, you could practically be ahead of the game to just let someone program it for you and not have to waste valueable time trying to learn the program and do it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom