Radio censorship

kalash

NES Member
I flip through a bunch of radio stations at work as background music and one of them is HOT 96.9 Just now they were playing Biggie's Big Poppa and in the following lyric they bleeped out the word "gun."

"If you got a gun up in your waist please don't shoot up the place."

Clearly "gun" is on the same level as the f-, s-, and n- words. [rolleyes] Imagine if a CHILD hears the g-word on the radio (as opposed to any media channel), won't somebody think of the children!

Just like some country stations blank out zac brown smoke a big fat one. Why go above and behind the already assanine restrictions of the FCC.

I flip through a bunch of radio stations at work as background music and one of them is HOT 96.9 Just now they were playing Biggie's Big Poppa and in the following lyric they bleeped out the word "gun."

"If you got a gun up in your waist please don't shoot up the place."

Clearly "gun" is on the same level as the f-, s-, and n- words. [rolleyes] Imagine if a CHILD hears the g-word on the radio (as opposed to any media channel), won't somebody think of the children!

Too bad they didn't blank out all 4+ minutes of that human piece of garbage running his untalented mouth.

I used to listen to a show on my drives into work and they would play the censor game. They would take some pop song that was completely clean and randomly bleep out words or phrases. Doing that made the songs sound like every other word was a swear. Its interesting how the mind can fill in the blanks with a swear word because we are so used to hearing them blanked out. One sappy romance song ended up sounding worse that the hardcore gangster rap after the random bleeps were inserted.

It's for the children. You can thank liberal left wing tree hugging groups like the Parents Television Council for this.

I was at the dentist and the word spoon in the line "spoon up your nose" was bleeped in BIG SHOOT Billy Joel song

People are still listening to music on a radio station? [thinking]

-Mike

Music? No. Radio station? Yes. Ads? Always.

The CD player in my Jeep is busted. I just drive around angrily hitting my 5 presets, not finding music, until I reach my destination. Since Jeeps don't lock, I'm not putting a new one in just to get it stolen.

Is stealing car stereos still fashionable?

ETA: I was surprised to hear an F-bomb in Sublime's "What I Got". They must have missed it because they censored "pot", "rock" and "vest" (but not bulletproof).

Last edited:
It's for the children. You can thank liberal left wing tree hugging groups like the Parents Television Council for this.
True, although let's remember the other 95% of public airwaves FCC censorship is the result of the Bible thumping right.

Can't let a kid hear an f-bomb or see a nipple or two. God knows he might be scarred for life.

I prefer to keep my kids sheltered from F, S, and A words as long as possible. However, I only listen to my Kid Rock "Cocky" CD when they are not with me. ;-)

I've heard the word c@ck bleeped out of the phrase c@ckfight. Like kids today are to stupid to know what a c@ckfight is.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

True, although let's remember the other 95% of public airwaves FCC censorship is the result of the Bible thumping right.

Can't let a kid hear an f-bomb or see a nipple or two. God knows he might be scarred for life.

Censorship coming from the party of freedom? Say it ain't so!

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer to keep my kids sheltered from F, S, and A words as long as possible. However, I only listen to my Kid Rock "Cocky" CD when they are not with me. ;-)

WTF is a CD?

Back
Top Bottom