Radical Muslim Plot Foiled!

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As far as science and bomb making goes, any decent student who takes physics and electronics has the aptitude to make a timer and detonator. That is inconsequential though because the contents of a bomb are just inanimate objects - like a gun. People with that knowledge are no more dangerous than a person with arms and a finger to fire a gun.
Oddly, engineers and engineering students are disproportionately prone to bomb making terrorism. not sure why that is.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did Americans get this stupid?
The day we started going to public schools.

The best propaganda the .gov can buy.

And one more thing; god help the next kid in that school who thinks it's funny to drop a cherry bomb in the toilet. They'll probably shoot him in the face.

StevensMarksman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But of course cause he's a Muslim. He will not invite the family of slain officers or the three Americans who saved the train in Paris. ****ing douchebag *******. There aren't enough words in the English language to describe how much I can't stand this SOB.
Everything this SOB does is super calculated to make sure that it will piss the American people off. He does not do anything or say anything that is just plain "natural". It has​ to make waves and piss everyone off.
Sorry to fact check you, but the three Americans who stopped the terror attack in Belgium last month were invited to the White House and met with the President today.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to look a little further.
Was extra credit? For the hello of it.
What was the difference between this and a pressure cooker?
Small, enclosed item in back pack, nobody did searches.
Teacher heard ticking in class.
Anybody tried to get into White House with item ticking in back pack.
How the hello would that work for you?
Go enlightened age.
Could'nt spell science.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Need to look a little further. Was extra credit? For the hello of it. What was the difference between this and a pressure cooker? Small, enclosed item in back pack, nobody did searches. Teacher heard ticking in class. Anybody tried to get into White House with item ticking in back pack. How the hello would that work for you? Go enlightened age. Could'nt spell science.

Digital clocks don't normally tick.

modnaru

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
this is the same lunacy as a kid getting suspended for making a finger gun.

statists on both sides of the isles exerting their idiocy over the rest of us.

antigun libs suspend kid for finger gun, is equal to in this case: Right Wingers suspending brown kid in what must be muslim jihad.

we've come full circle.
Actually - and i hardly can believe i am writing this - there seems to be no real difference between the right and left here. Liberty is always the looser.

modnaru

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well if his fellow Muzzies hadn't started this shit, he wouldn't be dealing with this shit, and neither would we. Yeah, There is going to be a law suit and pay out.
And that is his fault how exactly? At your age you don't have an excuse for any ractionary fundamentalist views anymore, but a nine year old?

Anyhow, the name and faith probabbly didn't help him, but that is perhaps the last 20 % of the problem. This zero tolerance BS is really equal opportunity in general. So is bureaucratic stupidity. They knew perfectly well that it was a clock - as much as the o t her ones knew that a pop-tart bit into pistol shape is not actually capable of being used to shoot anyone (no, boris, this is not a challenge).

Besides he is wearing a NASA shirt already. Before you know he is going to graduate into something much more scary than a 'muzzie terrorist'. He's going to be an atheist geek.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Jesus, with all the crap I built in school I'd still be vacationing in sunny Guantanamo Bay. I took electronics in a Voc-tech school and digital timers were 10th grade projects.

The terrorists won on Sept 11 make no mistake!
Bin Laden basically said he attacked us so we'd go full retard and they would win.

Apparently it worked. But you've got to ask yourself: where does the real problem lie?

Are they really "terrorists" - or are we just a bunch of ****ing morons?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Clocks are useful if you just want an old school countdown or set it off at a specific time in the next 24 hours. Otherwise cell phone is the way to go.
Or if you are concerned about cellphone jamming.

But, looks like this kid is going to get exposed to all sorts of opportunity. The Zuk announced he wants to meet the kid if he is ever near Facebook HQ, and he's been summoned to the white house for a chat with the commander in chief.

Good on them taking the first step. If they let him get away with this by the time he builds the bomb he was obviously planning on building it would probably be too late. Hundreds, maybe thousands dead. They HAD to do something.

Oddly, engineers and engineering students are disproportionately prone to bomb making terrorism.
The assumption that anyone making a bomb is a budding terrorist is new. Years ago, the concern would be for safety if the engineering student, not worry that he was building a bomb to advance jihad.

In days of old, part every nerd/engineering student's education was improvised explosives, although many students unknowingly stayed on the deflagration side of the deflagration to detonation transition. Now, what used to pass for standard intellectual curiosity is now seen as something nefarious.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe someone here knows more about this stuff than I do. My very small scope of knowledge is limited to lighting off normal consumer fireworks. Wouldn't an actual bomb have had some explosives in it? I mean, I DO know that circuit boards and wires have very limited explosive potential in and of themselves. Wouldn't an explosive device need, well, explosives? If half the case was filled with silly putty or road flares with wires stuck in them or something else that I've seen in movies I could almost understand the anxiety.

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
The kid did NOT "Build" a clock. That's like someone buying an complete upper and a complete lower, and saying they "built" an AR. He simply threw some components together that had a digital display that just "happened" to look like a bomb, and mounted them in a briefcase. He was warned by an instructor not to show it around , as it resembled a bomb. He chose to make a statement, much like the "Flying Imams". He is no genius as the press makes him out to be, just a little puke trying to stir people up. The only thing he forgot, was the bundle of road flares taped together. The fact that obama is cuddling up to him is proof he's a dick.
How do you know he was warned not to show it around?

Sounds like Ahmed got the best of us!

Lip

Army Veteran
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ha! You fool! This was just step 1 in his device build. Why buy a clock when that can be traced by the FBI when you can just build your own?

This tur'ist is just very smart about making it SOUND like he is a geeky kid who likes building things. THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK!!!! AND YOU ARE FALLING FOR IT!!!!!

[rofl2]
Add a throw away cell phone then I'll get nervous.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I just saw this posted on fb by "Warfighters Foundation".

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=426072624253978&id=135870346607542

Okay, so a lot of crying in the media right now about a 14 year old named Ahmed Mohammed. Roger that. Lets look at this from a common sense point of view. This kid, with no reason at all, brings a homemade clock to school. Supposedly, he wanted to impress his teachers. But, this was not the science fair or show and tell, so he had no justification to bring this shit to school. Next, this clock was inside a small case and when it opened, it had a display for numbers. This looked like one of those old shitty Hollywood suitcase bombs that you would see in movies like "Die Hard". What was his inspiration for the design? Just google "suitcase bomb" and you can find it. Anyways, lets compile where we are in America today. We have been at war with Muslim terrorist for over 15 years straight, we have been attacked multiple times on our homeland by Muslim terrorists, this clock looks like a suitcase bomb, this kids name is mother ****ing MOHAMMED, and just a couple days ago was 9/11. Come the **** on! Did they react appropriately? You are damn ****ing right. Sure, he got discriminated against, but guess why? Because males from his religion are responsible for killing Americans. End of story. If you disagree, unlike us, see if we give a ****!
That is a serious post. Now compare it to my satirical post below. Wow!

I'm going to have to side with the school and police on this one. If this muzzie thinks he can just make clocks without consequences, what is next? Maybe he makes a calculator. Next thing you know, he thinks, well if I can do that, I can make a bomb. Then in a few years when he blows up a school slaughtering hundreds and people say, "well how come this clear terrorist (his name his Ahmed Mohamed for Christ sake!) was able to build a bomb without anyone knowing!" they look like fools! And then when people find out Mrs. Krapappel KNEW he was building clocks and not only that, but the police KNEW too, and they didn't do anything about it? There is hell to pay. I mean if they can't stop a clear terrorist with several risk factors obviously apparent (1. Muslim; 2. Name is AMHED MOHOMAD!; 3. Builds clocks, fixes radios,), then clearly we can't stop anybody.

I mean think about it! Builds clocks, fixes radios and go-karts?!?!?! What do you get when you combine those things?!? Just strap a bomb to the go-kart and he has all the other tools to create a mobile bomb with two different detonating systems (clock and radio).

Good on them taking the first step. If they let him get away with this by the time he builds the bomb he was obviously planning on building it would probably be too late. Hundreds, maybe thousands dead. They HAD to do something.

mikeyp

NES Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
So, this guy reverse engineered the clock. Guess all that was really done was a 70s Radio Shack clock was taken apart and put in a pencil case, not really "genius made his own clock" http://blogs.artvoice.com/techvoice...gineering-ahmed-mohameds-clock-and-ourselves/ The site sucks and may be getting hammered so I'll copy and paste the story:
I have something in common with Ahmed Mohamed: as a youngster, I was also an electronics enthusiast. At his age and even earlier, I frequently took apart electronic devices – anything from my own toys, to broken things around the house, and even that dirty garbage-picked black and white TV my parents dragged home that they knew I’d have a blast playing with (I did.) I’d try and troubleshoot, repair, or sometimes just disassemble things and salvage components for future projects. I’d try and imagine how all those bits and pieces, lengths of wires, mazes of conductive circuit board traces all came together to produce an image, or a sound, or some other useful function. I wanted to know how it all worked. Without dating myself – fast forward a bunch of years, and I’m the same way. I’ve even picked up an engineering degree over the course of those years. I don’t have to only imagine how things work anymore, I have a pretty good understanding now. When shopping for electronic devices, my first instinct is to see if there’s a way to build one myself (and, I frequently do!) When something of mine breaks, I don’t send it back, I take it as a personal challenge to get it working again. If I fail, I still salvage useful parts – they might come in handy to fix something else later. This aspect of myself – being both methodical, and curious – hasn’t changed a bit over the years. So, this story about a 14 year old boy in Texas that was arrested on suspicion of creating a bomb hoax (who, apparently just wanted to show off his latest electronics project to his teachers) that has blown up (no pun intended) all over the news and social media, caught my attention immediately. Not because of his race, or his religion, the seeming absurdity of the situation, the emotionally charged photo of a young boy in a NASA t-shirt being led off in hand cuffs, the hash tags, the presidential response… no, none of that. I’m an electronics geek. I was interested in the clock! I wanted to figure out what he had come up with. I found the highest resolution photograph of the clock I could. Instantly, I was disappointed. Somewhere in all of this – there has indeed been a hoax. Ahmed Mohamed didn’t invent his own alarm clock. He didn’t even build a clock. Now, before I go on and get accused of attacking a 14 year old kid who’s already been through enough, let me explain my purpose. I don’t want to just dissect the clock. I want to dissect our reaction as a society to the situation. Part of that is the knee-jerk responses we’re all so quick to make without facts. So, before you scroll down and leave me angry comments, please continue to the end (or not – prove my point, and miss the point, entirely!) For starters, one glance at the printed circuit board in the photo, and I knew we were looking at mid-to-late 1970s vintage electronics. Surely you’ve seen a modern circuit board, with metallic traces leading all over to the various components like an electronic spider’s web. You’ll notice right away the highly accurate spacing, straightness of the lines, consistency of the patterns. That’s because we design things on computers nowadays, and computers assist in routing these lines. Take a look at the board in Ahmed’s clock. It almost looks hand-drawn, right? That’s because it probably was. Computer aided design was in its infancy in the 70s. This is how simple, low cost items (like an alarm clock) were designed. Today, even a budding beginner is going to get some computer aided assistance – in fact they’ll probably start there, learning by simulating designs before building them. You can even simulate or lay out a board with free apps on your phone or tablet. A modern hobbyist usually wouldn’t be bothered with the outdated design techniques. There’s also silk screening on the board. An “M” logo, “C-94” (probably, a part number – C might even stand for “clock”), and what looks like an American flag. More about that in a minute. Point for now being, a hobbyist wouldn’t silk screen logos and part numbers on their home made creation. It’s pretty safe to say already we’re looking at ’70s tech, mass produced in a factory. So I turned to eBay, searching for vintage alarm clocks. It only took a minute to locate Ahmed’s clock. See this eBay listing, up at the time of this writing. Amhed’s clock was invented, and built, by Micronta, a Radio Shack subsidary. Catalog number 63 756 The shape and design is a dead give away. The large screen. The buttons on the front laid out horizontally would have been on a separate board – a large snooze button, four control buttons, and two switches to turn the alarm on and off, and choose two brightness levels. A second board inside would have contained the actual “brains” of the unit. The clock features a 9v battery back-up, and a switch on the rear allows the owner to choose between 12 and 24 hour time. (Features like a battery back-up, and a 24 hour time selection seems awful superfluous for a hobby project, don’t you think?) Oh, and about that “M” logo on the circuit board mentioned above? Micronta. For one last bit of confirmation, I located the pencil box Ahmed used for his project. During this video interview he again claims it was his “invention” and that he “made” the device – but the important thing at the moment, at 1:13, we see him showing the pencil box on his computer screen. Here it is on Amazon, where it’s clearly labeled as being 8.25 inches wide. Our eBay seller also conveniently took a photo of the clock next to a ruler to show it’s scale – about 8 inches wide. The dimensions all line up perfectly. So there you have it folks, Ahmed Mohamad did not invent, nor build a clock. He took apart an existing clock, and transplanted the guts into a pencil box, and claimed it was his own creation. It all seems really fishy to me. If we accept the story about “inventing” an alarm clock is made up, as I think I’ve made a pretty good case for, it’s fair to wonder what other parts of the story might be made up, not reported factually by the media, or at least, exaggerated. I refer back again to this YouTube video interview with Ahmed. He explains that he closed up the box with a piece of cord because he didn’t want it to look suspicious. I’m curious, why would “looking suspicious” have even crossed his mind before this whole event unfolded, if he was truly showing off a hobby project, something so innocuous as an alarm clock. Why did he choose a pencil box, one that looks like a miniature briefcase no less, as an enclosure for a clock? It’s awful hard to see the clock with the case closed. On the other hand, with the case open, it’s awful dangerous to have an exposed power transformer sitting near the snooze button (unless, perhaps his invention was to stop serial-snooze-button pressers by giving them a dangerous electrical shock!) So again, I’m pointing all this out – about the specifics of the clock – not to pick on the poor kid. I’m picking on us, our culture, and our media. I don’t even care about the clock itself at this point. If we stop and think – was it really such a ridiculous reaction from the teacher and the police in the first place? How many school shootings and incidents of violence have we had, where we hear afterwards “this could have been prevented, if only we paid more attention to the signs!” Teachers are taught to be suspicious and vigilant. Ahmed wasn’t accused of making a bomb – he was accused of making a look-alike, a hoax. And be honest with yourself, a big red digital display with a bunch of loose wires in a brief-case looking box is awful like a Hollywood-style representation of a bomb. Everyone jumped to play the race and religion cards and try and paint the teachers and police as idiots and bigots, but in my mind, they were probably acting responsibly and erring on the side of caution to protect the rest of their students, just in case. “This wouldn’t have happened if Ahmed were white,” they say. We’re supposed to be sensitive to school violence, but apparently religious and racial sensitivity trumps that. At least we have another clue about how the sensitivity and moral outrage pecking order lies. Because, is it possible, that maybe, just maybe, this was actually a hoax bomb? A silly prank that was taken the wrong way? That the media then ran with, and everyone else got carried away? Maybe there wasn’t even any racial or religious bias on the parts of the teachers and police. I don’t know any of these things. But I’m intellectually mature enough to admit I don’t know, and to also be OK with that. I don’t feel a need to take the first exist to conclusionville. But I do like to find facts where I can, and prefer to let them lead me to conclusions, rather than a knee jerk judgement based on a headline or sound bite. I think the whole event – and our collective response, with everybody up to the President chiming in, says a whole lot about us. We don’t care that none of us were there and knows what happened, we jump to conclusions and assume we’re experts. We care about the story, but we don’t care about the actual facts. Headlines and click-bait are far more interesting than thinking for ourselves. We like to point out other any bit of perceived injustice or discrimination we can find – it’s practically a new national past-time. We like playing victim, and we like talking about victims – so much so we sometimes find victims where none really existed. We also like to find somebody to blame, even when there’s nobody at fault. We like to play social justice warrior on our Facebooks and Twitters, posting memes and headlines without digging in behind the sensationalism, winning bonus sensitivity points in the forms of likes and re-tweets. Once group-think kicks in, we rally around hash tags and start shouting moral outrage in a deafeningly loud national chorus. The media plays us like a fiddle, and we don’t even notice we’ve all been had. As for me, I’m glad to apply the lessons I’ve learned as an electronics enthusiast to other aspects of life. There’s no emotion in troubleshooting a circuit, electricity doesn’t have morals. There’s just physics, and logic, and methodology. I think we could all benefit from applying a little more of that sort of thinking to these situations.
He has pics on the page too, but again, slow to load

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, there were spaces in there, not sure why there's not now

Machines

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   1
I didn't know what make/model it was but the instant I saw the photos I knew it was the guts from an alarm clock and not homemade. If the kid had wanted to be more clever he would have ditched the 110V transformer and used a battery as the primary power source to make it more portable.

Someone at the school must have taken one look at that thing and realized what it was.

mikeyp

NES Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have no idea what actually happened, but I'd guess Obama didn't either when he invited the kid for a presidential audience.

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right-wing and conspiracy websites have been reversing themselves / coming out in support of the zero tolerance ignoramuses in the school and Officer Movie Bomb. The lesson is if you can't _overtly_ hate the kid for being Muslim, latch onto some tangentially-related yet meaningless drivel contrived by idiots on the Internet and then join the character assassination of a 14yo based on the same.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The more I read and think about this, the more my opinion changes. I'm pretty convinced now that he WAS just trying to stir stuff up. Not sure where it was, but someone put up pictures of the same model alarm clock the kid disassembled, showing the same components. Police knew right off it wasn't a bomb, their investigation focused on whether the kid was intentionally causing a hoax. Looking more and more like he was.

SalemCat

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As we used to say at work (I was a Mechanical Engineer for decades), this kid couldn't design his way out of a Paper Bag.

Just another Media Fraud.

Well done to those whose uncovered it.

Top Bottom