Raccoon calls

headednorth

NES Member
Happened to stumble across a video on Youtube with a couple of guys using a raccoon distress call. The raccoons would bolt full speed at the call. Made me curious what the thinking was behind that. I could see an animal being curious about a distress call but Id think they would be more apprehensive, like "my buddy sounds like hes f*cked up, but I dont want to get f*cked up myself so Im gonna check it out but Il be careful about it". Or hearing the distress call of an animal they typically prey on attracting them thinking they are gonna get an easy meal. These raccoons were totally hauling ass towards the sound of another raccoon in distress with 100% tunnel vision on the source of the sound and nothing else.

Whats the deal? Do raccoons prey on each other when the opportunity arises? Im guessing theyre not going out of their way to come to the aid of a buddy, or are they?

Funny part towards the end when one of them charges straight for the guy and the camera man coming within a couple feet of them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT3VxOhrEHc

Back
Top Bottom