• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

R&P- I'm thinking of tossing all of this brass!

I'm not arguing that you CAN'T reload R&P brass... I'm not saying you shouldn't even... what I'm saying that in my experience it's the worse brass I've encountered. That's it... if you keep reloading R&P good for you. Take my experiences and do what you want with it.

I'm not arguing that you CAN'T reload R&P brass... I'm not saying you shouldn't even... what I'm saying that in my experience it's the worse brass I've encountered. periences and do what you want with it.

Guess you've not dealt with AMERC (American) much! [wink]

No I haven't. I don't even know where that stuff comes from! I've picked up a case or two but toss them right away based on what I've heard from everyone here.

I used to see that stuff at my club all the time. Someone would come in, shoot 2-4 trays (clear plastic fold-over boxes, with an egg-crate type pattern to hold the cartridges) and leave all that virgin brass. I thought it was a windfall and scooped the stuff up.

MOST of it would survive 1 reloading; however, I had problems with loose bullets and the occasional bad primer pocket. I then tossed all I had.

Seems word has gotten out. I haven't seen AMERC brass in at least a year. Either the crap is no longer made or people around here don't buy it any more.

I have had the same problem with R-P brass in .45ACP. Many times it will not hold a bullet. I don't even bell the case on .45ACP. This is the only brass I have a problem with. Now I don't have this issues with R-P brass in other calibers. I use Hornady dies for .45acp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom