• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

R. Lee Ermey's Guns Up For Auction

Rockrivr1

NES Member
His collection is going to garner some serious coin! Couple interesting guns in the auction. I'd bid on the M1D if I had the coin.

Looking for a one-of-a-kind Christmas gift that doesn’t involve dealing with supply chain issues from importing overseas goods? Good news, at least as long as your Christmas budget is much bigger than mine. There are some very cool guns coming up for auction soon, and to add to the “wow” factor, they’re coming from the personal collection of the late actor, 2A activist, and (most importantly) Marine veteran R. Lee Ermey; the Gunny himself.

I was never more than an acquaintance of Ermey, but we would always see each other and chat at SHOT Show, the NRA Annual Meeting, and any other event where we found ourselves in the same place. Our conversations were always way too brief, and I felt the same way about the occasions when I was able to interview him for Cam & Co. You could spend hours with Ermey and only scratch the surface of his amazing life, after all, and I was lucky to get 15 minutes.

I miss R. Lee Ermey, and I know a lot of other folks do too. I think it’s pretty cool that some of Ermey’s private collection will soon be auctioned off, with a portion of the proceeds being donated by Ermey’s family to the Young Marines.

The auction kicks off on GunBroker.com on November 6th, and my guess is that the bidding is not going to be for the faint of heart and the light of wallet. Among the first items on the auction block; Gunny’s Colt 1976 Bicentennial 3 Gun set, featuring a Python, Single Action Army, and Dragoon. This isn’t in mint condition, by the way. The Python in particular has “significant wear, scratches, and chipped grip since Lee used it, a lot!”

I was listening to an interview or something with the guy that was SUPPOSED to be Hartman. He turned out to be the door gunner later in the movie.

Kubrick kept him segregated from the rest of the cast so that there would be a real hatred that built up. But Ermey was tech advisor and was always just peppering Kubrick with lines and such. The story often told is that he just got hired from tech advisor to Hartman - not true. He lobbied HARD for it while his competition was stuck in his trailer all day. Ermey was never some guy that HAPPENED upon a movie career. He was already angling for it.

The original guy was going to play it a bit. . . crazier, IIRC.

Still love Ermey. I liked his obscure "do Hartman" roles like Toy Story and Frighteners. Frighteners. Now THERE is a great 90's movie.

Tough to beat SFC Toomey (Christopher Walken, who introduces himself to a platoon of recruits by noting he has a metal plate in his head) in Biloxy Blues.

Sergeant Toomey:
Tell me, Jerome, if a piss drunk sergeant has a loaded .45 pointed at the head of a piece of dung that the piss drunk sergeant hates and despises, how would you describe the situation?

Private Jerome:
Delicate. Extremely delicate.

Last edited:
I was listening to an interview or something with the guy that was SUPPOSED to be Hartman. He turned out to be the door gunner later in the movie.

Kubrick kept him segregated from the rest of the cast so that there would be a real hatred that built up. But Ermey was tech advisor and was always just peppering Kubrick with lines and such. The story often told is that he just got hired from tech advisor to Hartman - not true. He lobbied HARD for it while his competition was stuck in his trailer all day. Ermey was never some guy that HAPPENED upon a movie career. He was already angling for it.

Still love Ermey. I liked his obscure "do Hartman" roles like Toy Story and Frighteners. Frighteners. Now THERE is a great 90's movie.
His best role was the coach in saving silverman

He had film roles well before FMJ.

I noticed his diorama of 2 lions that he shot is a duplicate of the "Ghost and the Darkness" diorama in Chicago.

One of the items is extra special

Firearm Description
  • Model: Counterfeit W.J Jeffery & Co. Double Rifle / Made In India (markings under butt pad)
  • Was likely purchased by Lee not knowing it was counterfeit and then fired. Receiver lugs sheared off. Receiver is cast iron.
  • Caliber: .450/.400 Nitro Express
  • Barrel: 24"
  • Condition: See photos.
  • Firearm made inoperable per ATF specifications. Firing pin channels welded shut, chambers pinned. Triggers still functional.
  • Includes: Rifle, receipt showing work to make inoperable, notarized certificate of authenticity with photo and description of your item signed by Clinton Ermey (example shown).

Yep. 4 whole bit parts before FMJ. A great career. LOL. Of his 120+ roles. 4 in TEN YEARS before FMJ. Joey Tribiani had more roles than that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom