• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

R.I.P. Lewis

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Son Lance's black lab, who was his best friend and companion for 14 years had to be put down last sunday nite. For many years Lewis came with us to our Maine deer camp and would guard the cabin and any game on the meat pole while we were in the woods. Please forgive this old fart for shedding a few tears. Jack.

Very sorry,have lost more then a few tears for labs that have passed myself,great dogs and I think of each one often and hope to see them again when my time comes.
RIP Lewis

Condolences Jack.

At 14 he lived a good life and most certainly with good stewards who took him hunting each year.

Having lost a beloved cat in April, I realized that some of the greatest friends we have in life, and some of the most dynamic personalities we encounter come from non-humans.

I am truly sorry for your loss. Lewis was afforded a death with dignity which is more than many humans get (I'm one of those pro-Hemlock Society guys).

RIP Lewis

Sorry about your loss.

My Lab is 13 now, all grey in the face and starting to have his aches and pains. He is just a great dog and my kids love him as much as I do. I will be sad when the day comes.

Dogs are the best. Especially Labs. They aren't moody, don't have a bad day, and are always so happy to see you. They would die to protect you or your kids and just want to be patted. That is why I like dogs more than people.

Son Lance's black lab, who was his best friend and companion for 14 years had to be put down last sunday nite. For many years Lewis came with us to our Maine deer camp and would guard the cabin and any game on the meat pole while we were in the woods. Please forgive this old fart for shedding a few tears. Jack.

Forgiven. Sorry for the loss for the whole family.

Sir: so sorry for the loss of -a family member.....Lewis at 14 years had a super good long life and I know he enjoyed all the usefull tasks he was given...IE guarding the meat pole[grin] etc.... many good memories and he will live on in your/ and son's memories and dreams.....

Back
Top Bottom