• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

R.I.P. Doug Krick

A mutual friend contacted me today to let me know that Doug "Krikket" Krick passed away last week. Founder of the Pink Pistols, staunch 2A advocate, and friend to many, Doug was 48.

I met him many years ago via the BBS system, shortly before ISPs started springing up across the country. In those days he ran an Amiga based BBS called Meltdown. He was also a science fiction fan and active in the fan community in the Chicago metro area. Some of you may remember him from his time in MA, where he ran for public office.

In more recent years we had fallen out of touch, as he moved a few times, changed email addresses, and shifted much of his general online presence to FB (and I don't FB.) I do regret not trying harder to find a way to reach out to him.

Krikket was a kind soul, always willing to be there to lend a hand with whatever needed doing. He had a great sense of humor and a huge capacity for compassion. The world is poorer for having lost him.

Rest in peace, Mr. Doug.

Obviously he had a lot to give and made a positive influence upon many lives. It's a shame to lose one of the good guys but his depression must have been pretty rough.

Back
Top Bottom