• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

R.I. GOP offers rifle in fundraising raffle

NES Member
Last edited:
Bump for more NES votes, not enough margin.

4mnwTFX.jpg

Does it say in the article where I can get tickets?

Admission is free, there are raffle tickets (see below), and I believe they are selling range time with various firearms. Don't bring your own, they supply.

2nd Amendment Celebration
RAFFLE
Over 70 Prizes, Valued at over $6,000.
Drawing to be held on Oct. 6th - You do NOT need to be present to win
$5 per ticket or 6 tickets for $25
For additional ticket purchase, contact: Doreen Costa (401) 206-6891

dhuze, here is the flyer for the event. It is on the 6th (this Saturday).

k0KvS99.jpg

Saturday is the 5th.

I don't see a date on the flyer except when the drawing is.

OK. I got this from South Counties web site. I didn't want to drive there and not be able to shoot.

RANGE CLOSURE: The outdoor rifle range will be closed October 6th for a HI-Power Rifle Match.

All other OUTDOOR ranges will also be closed from 2-5PM on October 6th for a special event as well.

Last edited:
Just an update on the poll. Now that it has scrolled off the front page of the web site, it has joined the list of previous polls. The original poll asked the question in a way that a NO answer was in favor of the AR-15 raffle. The poll result was over 70% on the pro-gun side.

Now that the poll has moved to the archive list, someone reworded the poll question after the fact, to reverse the answers! Now a NO answer is the anti-gun side.

You can see the original poll question and the results on the top, and the poll archive list on the bottom. I'm sure it's just an innocent editing misteak, right? [rolleyes]

ETA: This is the Providence Journal.

Jx5GF2O.jpg

Vote now...

Do you have a problem with the Rhode Island GOP raffling off an AR-15 semiautomatic assault-style rifle to raise funds? (7,103 votes)
Yes: 24% (1,710)
No: 76% (5,393)
Vote successfully recorded. Thank you.

Just an update on the poll. Now that it has scrolled off the front page of the web site, it has joined the list of previous polls. The original poll asked the question in a way that a NO answer was in favor of the AR-15 raffle. The poll result was over 70% on the pro-gun side.

Now that the poll has moved to the archive list, someone reworded the poll question after the fact, to reverse the answers! Now a NO answer is the anti-gun side.

You can see the original poll question and the results on the top, and the poll archive list on the bottom. I'm sure it's just an innocent editing misteak, right? [rolleyes]

ETA: This is the Providence Journal.

Jx5GF2O.jpg

Any of my other neighbors here in RI notice that just before the raffle they stopped calling it an assault rifle on the news and started calling it "a replica of the gun used in the sandy hook massacre"?

zero bias down here. [thinking]

Any of my other neighbors here in RI notice that just before the raffle they stopped calling it an assault rifle on the news and started calling it "a replica of the gun used in the sandy hook massacre"?

zero bias down here. [thinking]

I was coming here to make the same comment. I heard them say "The GOP is raffling off an assault weapon similar to the one used in Newtown"

Even my wife was yelling at the TV when they said it.

Back
Top Bottom