quite possibly the single dumbest thing I've ever read.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/20...many_assault_rifles_are_there_in_america.html

So off the survey monkey thing posted by another guy I was going to pose the hypothetical. If full auto guns were commonly available. How many of you would own one if they were no big deal. And how often would you actually flip the giggle switch. I honestly doubt I'd do it much due to cost. So then I tried looking up how much additional it costs to have a giggle switch sans the 30000 moniker that is in place now. This article popped up and the government holding a bake sale to fund a gun buy back program just blew me away. What an idiot this puss is

The dope writer isnt talking about MGs, just anything that's "scary" looking.... [rolleyes]

I browsed the article. It's the ONLY ONE I've ever read written by an antigunner that actually made the technical difference between an "Assault rifle" and everything else there at the bottom of the page. ( I despise the term "Assault Weapon" when virtually anything that you can lift or throw can be a weapon with that nebulous description). But, to get to your original question about owning a MG or SMG if allowed.....probably no. Like so many things that are prohibited to us for one reason or another, that limitation to have one of (X) makes them desirous beyond their practicality. I can barely feed the hardware I own and at todays ammo prices, owning an MG or SMG would be like owning a Brownie Camera. The damned camera is cheap but the film and processing are never ending and quite expensive. To ally my feelings, however, I have shot my share of both MGs and SMGs locally and at Knob Creek and places like that. The fellas that own them are generous enough to share them with us to give us a little taste about handing one should the need arise. But I don't walk away from those experiences and drool over every picture of an MG from then on, wanting one....any one just because. And, frankly, if the laws were in fact changed to allow their importation and manufacture, then everyone else who ever wanted on would and I'm sure I'd get my fill of them at the range on a weekend day.....as long as I brought my own ammo of course.[laugh]

So, in a nutshell, no I would not want to pursue an MG or SMG or any true assault rifle. The early ones are totally inaccurate. The later ones are too hungry and, even if the ban was lifted, would still be out of the reach of the average gun owner. What ever floats YOUR boat but I'm happy with mine just as it is.

Rome

I'd like to retract what I said about not wanting any MG or SMG. I lied. I did covet one that I saw on display for sale at Knob Creek the last time I was there. It was a "Quad 50". I clearly recall standing there and I think drool did escape one corner of my mouth. Wanna see what ti looks like? Google "Quad 50". I think the price was the same as what I paid for my house so it was a bit out of my league. I promise, however, that's the only one. Really.

Last edited:
he was also saying the bake sale (and "lesser known historical treasures") part sarcastically

It lost me at

2608039.jpg

If full auto guns were commonly available. How many of you would own one if they were no big deal.
I don't have any use for full-auto. Plus I can't afford enough ammo to have any fun with one of those [laugh] Still shouldn't be restricted though, imho.

Just how I ended up there

If I see slate, salon, NYtimes, wash post, huff post, daily kos, nbc, etc. I almost never waste my time. I know what they'll say, the lies, the BS, it's just a regurgitation from a dozen other liberal propaganda filled with lies.

Back
Top Bottom