• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Quincy residents need to step up

CAR

If you live in Quincy, now is the time to call and email your state rep, Mr John Keenan, politely and respectfully please, but share your opinion and sense of urgency about the firearms legislation coming up this session. If you don't live in Quincy, contact your own rep & senator again. Sounds like at least some of thes folks are in "opinion forming time", letting them know it's urgent, it's about civil rights & due process might help set a positive theme for the bills they decide to support.

I'm going to call my own rep again today to use the word "urgent" a bunch of times after reading this.

http://randolph.wickedlocal.com/news/20170223/randolph-rep-weighs-gun-control-bill

"While he said every week his office gets a gun related call or inquiry, state Sen. John Keenan, D-Quincy, said he has not heard from constituents about the proposal.

Because it is new and one of more than 5,700 proposed bills, he said he has not read through the entire piece of legislation yet. We're always striking a balance between Second Amendment rights and ensuring public safety in dealing with all the issues with guns," Keenan said.

He said gun legislation enacted two years ago was a compromise between GOAL (the Massachusetts Gun Owners Action League) and legislators, covering a wide variety of topics such as mental health provisions, registration issues and getting receipts after purchases.

Looks like Mr. Keenan is one of those people who sending an email to is ineffective because I sent one last week about the bills. My rep would at least respond to emails within 24 hrs and be willing to discuss things over the phone afterwards even though it seems he's anti.

Sounds like my state senator. Spilka's aid couldn't be bothered to even respond to me until well after lobby day, and the response was basically, "We DGAF. Go away." I emailed her with my displeasure roughly half an hour after Healey's press conference on 7/20.

I haven't gotten in touch with the new rep for my district, but he's a Dem, so I'm not hoping for much. I should actually do that today.

we need to step up again. We need these politicians to stop introducing bills that are not targeted at criminal activity. This is beyond ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom