Quincy MA ltc application

Hey does anyone know what fills the requirement for Quincy’s “certified live fire” on their application? Took a safety firearms course and turns out I need a certified live fire too and the “live fire” during that class didnt count

maybe one of the instructors can help figure that out? or at the very least, Call up the licensing officer and ask if MFS or AFS courses count as live fire..

Since there is no law requiring this I guess you'll have to ask them what fills their unlawful requirement. Might not want to put it that way.

Take the FL non resident course, which includes live fire. I would hope that's enough and you can get a combined Utah/FL class and get non-res licenses for those as well.

Hey does anyone know what fills the requirement for Quincy’s “certified live fire” on their application? Took a safety firearms course and turns out I need a certified live fire too and the “live fire” during that class didnt count

Request an audience with his majesty and ask him before you waste your time and money taking something they dont consider "good enough".

This, BFYTW. Get the requirement from the person enforcing it, not from us. We can only offer our opinions - he's the one jerking your chain.

Quincy and Weymouth both require live fire a signed and dated target with instructor cert number is what is required Quincy is very good city for licensing that is their only requirement

Quincy and Weymouth both require live fire a signed and dated target with instructor cert number is what is required Quincy is very good city for licensing that is their only requirement

So it's OK as long as they are only making up a little bit of their own laws?
BTW the law doesn't require references either, I'm betting Quincy does.

Just because everyone is doing it doesn't make it right. And accepting the systematic abuse can only result in more.

I get the little compliance and move on. I'm not a hypocrite, I've done it too. But at least speak out against it and don't call the abusers "good".

Definitely ask the PD. First I heard about signed targets, but since MFS went on record on NES that 1 round was (in their opinion) adequate for FL, I could understand a PD demanding to see it for themselves.

Last edited:
if anyone's interested, just got a call saying that its ready for pickup. only took 5 weeks vs the 12 weeks they gave me! very impressed

@Jaozus Can you tell me how the interview / in-person application went? I'm going in tomorrow morning and am wondering if anything more than the "All lawful purposes" reasoning will be necessary for a first time LTC unrestricted applicant. Thanks,

The lady who processes the LTCs in Quincy is very nice. There really isn't an interview, she just types the information from your application into her computer, takes the picture and sends you on your way. This all presumes that you present within the range of a "normal" person and not a Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket after he has cracked.

I had the same experience, it was a lady in charge of everything from filling the computer application, to taking fingerprints and picture. My experience with her is that she was very lovely and easy to work with. Go in with a friendly attitude, smile and be thankful for her time, and everything should be fine. They did take a long time to get me my license, however it was thru no fault of their own, i seem to have submitted it during a busy time for the state.

Sorry I didnt see this earlier. But yes the lady was friendly and easy to work with. Just be polite and smile and you’ll be fine. No interview or anything. For quincy though they won’t give you unrestricted unless you’re at least 25. I was 23 at the time of application so I was given a restricted license (target and hunting) and the lady just told me to send a letter when I turn 25 and they’ll lift the restriction

Back
Top Bottom