• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Quick question about "exposing' my gun on my property?

I live in a Mobile Home Park, and I'm wondering if it's legal for me to be in my yard with an unloaded rifle sighting in a scope with a laser bore sight? People walking by can see where I'd be standing because trailer park yards aren't too large, and the 50 feet I need to sight it in puts the reflective target on the back fence, and I'd be standing/sitting on my side yard. I'm in Attleboro, Taxachusetts.
Thanks!

While not against the law, you may cause some issues in a trailer park...

Do you have a range you can use? PM me if you need a more discrete location to sight

While not against the law, you may cause some issues in a trailer park...

Do you have a range you can use? PM me if you need a more discrete location to sight

Thanks for the offer! I'm a member at Taunton, I can do it there. It'd just be easier and more convenient to do it in the yard. And i wouldn't be wasting range time and space.

Ma gun laws are so broad you put your LTC at risk anytime you expose a firearm in public (even on your property, if you can be seen). If the police chief decides he wants to revoke it because someone called the cops and said you were outside with a gun and it made them sad inside you have little to no recourse. Not saying it will happen even if the cops are called- but it could happen.

Ma gun laws are so broad you put your LTC at risk anytime you expose a firearm in public (even on your property, if you can be seen). If the police chief decides he wants to revoke it because someone called the cops and said you were outside with a gun and it made them sad inside you have little to no recourse. Not saying it will happen even if the cops are called- but it could happen.

Point WELL taken! Off to the range I'll go. Thanks!

You don't own the property in a trailer park and they have their own rules. Doing as suggested is most likely going to result in an eviction notice from the park for violating their rules (and they'll create them first if need be)!! That would be my primary concern. Reaction by neighbors/people driving in/by and police would be my second concern. I would advocate NOT to do this ever in such a location.

You don't own the property in a trailer park and they have their own rules. Doing as suggested is most likely going to result in an eviction notice from the park for violating their rules (and they'll create them first if need be)!! That would be my primary concern. Reaction by neighbors/people driving in/by and police would be my second concern. I would advocate NOT to do this ever in such a location.

So true....Just like how Massachusetts is an "open carry" state.

But just go ahead and try to open carry! Let me know how THAT works out for you!!

Might as well put a big sign in your yard saying "Break In". I'm all for exercising your rights but do you really want your neighbors to know what you have inside your trailer?

There is a large mansion on the other side of town.. current occupant isn't occupying it at the moment. Check the Globe sports pages for the address.. I forget off the top of my head.

Don't worry.. the security system is inoperable.

There is a large mansion on the other side of town.. current occupant isn't occupying it at the moment. Check the Globe sports pages for the address.. I forget off the top of my head.

not so sure I'd want to be on camera with a firearm at that address

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

Back
Top Bottom