Quick form 1 questions

What if there is no cal marking on the lower reciever? Do I just put the caliber I plan on shooting out of it on the form or should I list more than 1 caliber on the form i.e. 9mm 308, 223, 204 ect

Should I or do I have to get the above answer engraved on the receiver, as far as engraving the caliber(s)?

I had found a past thread (I have no idea where it was or even that forum at this point) for overall length and barrel length I thought I had read that instead of putting exact lengths put under (overall)19" and under (Barrel) 8".

Any thoughts?

You are talking making an SBR, correct? Assuming so...

#1. You need to select 1 caliber, 1 overall lenght, and 1 barrel length. While NFA branch used to let "multi's" slide (and 1 still may get through now and again) they now typically bounce back forms like that. Honestly I don't think it matters what caliber/length you selct for your form, as I know of no one having any direct problem associated with "switching".

#2. Somewhere on ATF's site they have the specific marking requirements, I don't think caliber is one of them, but it wouldn't hurt to double check that.

You are talking making an SBR, correct? Assuming so...

#1. You need to select 1 caliber, 1 overall lenght, and 1 barrel length. While NFA branch used to let "multi's" slide (and 1 still may get through now and again) they now typically bounce back forms like that. Honestly I don't think it matters what caliber/length you selct for your form, as I know of no one having any direct problem associated with "switching".

#2. Somewhere on ATF's site they have the specific marking requirements, I don't think caliber is one of them, but it wouldn't hurt to double check that.

Caliber or gauge is a required marking. 27 CFR 178

--EasyD

Back
Top Bottom