Quick AR Lower Build Question

Wrapping up the lower and I installed the safety selector, selecter detent and selecter spring. I installed the grip (the standard black grip that comes with most lpk's) and tightened the pistol grip screw. The screw is tight, the safety selector and trigger group functions properly but the pistol grip screw is not flush inside the grip. Is this normal or should is tighten down all the way? (I did use the lock washer as well).

Last edited:
Hmmm...it will not tighten further. The grip is flush with the receiver and it seems to function as it should. Not really sure what to do about it.

how can you even see in there?

Are you sure it's not flush?

What is holding the grip flush if not the screw?

Could it be cross threaded?

Disassembled and reassembled and now it looks flush. Not really sure what the difference was though. A small speck of metal came loose...maybe a burr in the thread? Grip is tight, flush and all functions are go. Thanks all.

Could be cross-threaded maybe.

I would back it out entirely, remove grip, clean threads of the bolt (or replace if you have a spare) use compressed air in mounting hole, oil the part of the receiver that mates to the grip and try again.

I think this happened to me once, but it was on a Magpul grip, not the regular USGI version.

Back
Top Bottom