Questions on Precision bullets...

Above stuff look ok to folks?

With the Berry's, I had settled on a 6.0 gr load. CFE Pistol indicates to use LRN or mid range FMJ, so I had, at the time, done from 5.4-6.4gr in 0.2gr increments. Based on accuracy, and variation of chrono data I found that 5.8 and 6.0 were the best.

So, with the Precision Bullets, I thought I'd try 5.8, 6.0, 6.2, and 6.4 gr and see how they chrono. I made 10 of each load. I have an OAL from 1.225-1.230 (in each set the last new didn't have a case in position 1 during seating - I forgot to load a few extras).

I assuming I use the same load info with the coated bullets, as for the plated ones I did. They do have a concave base too.

Does that sound about right? First time trying these coated bullets, and relatively new at all this. Bouncing it off the group...

Thanks.

I usually don't post much, but what the hell. I actually just switched to Precision. I like them a lot. Not messy, no smoke, plenty accurate. As mentioned earlier, just flare the case really good and don't over crimp. I think this applies to all coated bullets. They also recommend lead load data. You seem very thorough in your approach.

Made 10 each of 5.8, 6.0, 6.2, and 6.4 gr of the 230gr Pecision Bullets using CPE Pistol powder and tested for accuracy and chrono'ed. Accuracy was best with 6.0 gr, just like with the plated Berrys bullets I was reloading. Will check chrono data tonight. No issues at all with the cartridges in the S&W 1911 E series.

Back
Top Bottom