• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Questions about ranges/clubs

Hi all,

hoping I can get some input. I don't as yet belong to a club or have access to a range (unless you count that sort of sad public range at Martin Burns WMA which I do have a permit for), and want to have somewhere I can shoot both pistols and shotguns, but with an emphasis on rifle-- preferably to 200 yards (and more is even better). 100 yards will suffice, but I'm really hoping at 200 yards minimum, if possible. Geogrpahically, I'm looking for North Shore and points north. I looked at the site for Georgetown Club, and that seems fairly nice, but it's a 100 yarder. I'm thinking that southern NH is perhaps where I'll need to go, but would be interested in some feedback if anyone out there has any thoughts one way or the other. There is a range (State Line something or other, I believe) only a mile or two from my place in Amesbury which seems like it would be ideal, but in my casual inquiries have heard that there's an exceedingly long wait time, and furthermore that it's difficult to get in, based on some mysterious criteria... :?

As it stands now, I am limited to some local and north woods short range impromptu rifle shooting, and at Martin Burns, which is unfortunate (particularly for anyone sharing the range with me, as I have at times shaken my neighbor's fillings loose with my ported 7 mag). :(

I know there are a few longer ranges at other MA locations, but with time constraints being a pretty big factor, I really can't travel too far west or south.

TIA for any help,

Leighton

If you checked out Georgetown - I'm assuming you mean MA, yes? Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun club is a decent one. (Hubby and I are members). You can check them out at www.hhrg.com or.org...I forget which. I don't usually shoot rifle, but I think the range goes to 200 yds. Don't quuote me on that tho, I may be incorrect. It might be 150.

Reading would be a lot closer, but Nashua Fish & Game has 600yds, plus a lot of other stuff.

http://www.nfga.org

Range_regional2.JPG

Ken

Leighton-

I shoot at the MRA in Woburn. The Summa range is up to 200 yds. Also have shotgunning on Wed and Sunday, 2 indoor ranges with 24 hour access and other stuff as well. It's in Woburn. It's easy to get a membership card. Just have to pay your dues to the nice man and he gives you a key pass. go to www.massrifle.com if you want to check it out.
I might add it's also conveniently close to both Four Seasons and Collectors Coin (I'm partial to Four Seasons myself, but they're both nearby).

Reading R&P

Reading has a 600 yard range.

I've shot there as a guest and found them to be a great group of people. Just a little too far for every day use for me.

Back
Top Bottom