• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Questions about painting

I was thinking about painting my handgun, but i have a few questions...

1. Where can i get this done? I live in the saugus area.
2. How much will it cost?
3. How long does it take? It is my only gun and do not want to be away from her too long.

Been thinking of this myself. My toaster oven stopped shutting off, so I rescued it from the trash heap, got a 1911 that looks like its been hit by a truck, including the idiot scratch that was there when I got it. Trying to decide best bake on brand and color.
Thinking about going day glo orange and leaving it out in the open, lol

Not sure what either of those are, can you tell me

Color fill is just filling in the engraved lines with color, so easier to read/see logos and words.
Cerkote and duracoat are finishes that completely covers the gun in a thin film. Allows different colors and designs.

Of course, you can always take a can of spray paint to your gun if you want to color it cheap... [smile]

If you are looking to have it cerakoted professionally, it will probably be around $150-200. Turn around time will depend on how busy the guys you choose are.

I can paint your gun in about 5 min for $2.50. If you want the fall leaf pattern I would have to double the price though. PM me if you are interested.

If you are looking to have it cerakoted professionally, it will probably be around $150-200. Turn around time will depend on how busy the guys you choose are.

This, and I'll also drop my .02 that unless you do this right it ain't worth doing. Shit cerakote jobs fail pretty quickly.

-Mike

This. $200 gets you pretty far along towards another gun (depending on what you are looking for).

I dont care how cool or how well your "paint" job is ..... for the most part you will never see that money back on resale and more times than not you will loose value.. unless you find a buyer who wants exactly what you have.
I must add I like a gun with honest use wear on it.

I dont care how cool or how well your "paint" job is ..... for the most part you will never see that money back on resale and more times than not you will loose value.. unless you find a buyer who wants exactly what you have.
I must add I like a gun with honest use wear on it.
The only finish I've ever considered is parkerization. I've got a p64 with really worn bluing that I think would look good parked, and I could do it at home for not too much money, or so I've read

The only finish I've ever considered is parkerization. I've got a p64 with really worn bluing that I think would look good parked, and I could do it at home for not too much money, or so I've read

I have used shooters solution home park kit. It worked and I was happy with the out come. I did it to a CZ82 and a beat up 870 express...long before I had a digital camera and sold both to a friend...I took a 75$ loss ...all good.

I love you people. NES Forums either make me upset when you find something I've missed or pisses me off. Then you have these posts a lovely mixture of friendly advice like "the trigger is the pully-part of the gun, Or true friendly honest advice overlooking the doey eyed questions.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I was thinking about painting my handgun, but i have a few questions...

1. Where can i get this done? I live in the saugus area.
A well ventilated area
2. How much will it cost?
Less than $4 http://www.homedepot.com/b/Paint-Spray-Paint/Rust-Oleum-Stops-Rust/Rust-Preventative/N-5yc1vZapz5ZblwZ1z0o66o?Ns=P_REP_PRC_MODE%7C0
3. How long does it take? It is my only gun and do not want to be away from her too long.
Dry and recoat times are based on 70°F and 50% relative humidity. Allow more time at cooler temperatures. Dries tack-free in 2-4 hours, to handle in 5-9 hours, and is fully dry in 24 hours. Apply a second coat within 1 hour or after 48 hours.

Be sure to take photos of the process, before and after shots

Back
Top Bottom