• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

questions about making my first purchase and online purchases

right now I'm waiting for my fid to come in but, I have been trying to do some research about what and where I might be able to buy the types of rifles I can get. So that when it comes in I can just go and buy them

Question 1-I was wondering where I might be able to find a Wasr-10(single stack) or a Hi Point 4595ts from what I've found out these are both fid compliant.

Question 2- is it legal to ship firearm accessories(stocks, scopes, etc.) to my home address or would I have to ship it to an ffl dealer?

Question 3- where I might be able to find 7.62 x39 and 45acp ammo in bulk locally

I'm not to worries about traveling to pick these things up I'm just having trouble finding where they might have these things in stock. Thanks in advance everyone

right now I'm waiting for my fid to come in but, I have been trying to do some research about what and where I might be able to buy the types of rifles I can get. So that when it comes in I can just go and buy them

Question 1-I was wondering where I might be able to find a Wasr-10(single stack) or a Hi Point 4595ts from what I've found out these are both fid compliant.

Question 2- is it legal to ship firearm accessories(stocks, scopes, etc.) to my home address or would I have to ship it to an ffl dealer?

Question 3- where I might be able to find 7.62 x39 and 45acp ammo in bulk locally

I'm not to worries about traveling to pick these things up I'm just having trouble finding where they might have these things in stock. Thanks in advance everyone

Not sure about the Wasr-10 but if you go green there is a group buy going on for the Hi-Point carbines. The 4595ts would be $255+ a $25 transfer fee. So your green membership would have already paid for it self.
Q2. Yes, it is completely legal to have firearm accessories shipped to your house even ammo. Most companies will not ship ammo and a few will not ship anything firearm related to MA. If you do find a company that ships ammo to MA DO NOT post the website on here.
Q3- Try your local Walmart that sells. ammo. They are usually the cheapest for most calibers.

I don't usually see ammo at my local walmart but I believe the one in hudson nh has ammo. Would I be legal if I go to buy ammo from there (NH) and brought it back to MA?

Not sure about the Wasr-10 but if you go green there is a group buy going on for the Hi-Point carbines. The 4595ts would be $255+ a $25 transfer fee. So your green membership would have already paid for it self.
Q2. Yes, it is completely legal to have firearm accessories shipped to your house even ammo. Most companies will not ship ammo and a few will not ship anything firearm related to MA. If you do find a company that ships ammo to MA DO NOT post the website on here.
Q3- Try your local Walmart that sells. ammo. They are usually the cheapest for most calibers.

I'm fairly new to this forum still, so what exactly is going green and what is a group buy.

I don't usually see ammo at my local walmart but I believe the one in hudson nh has ammo. Would I be legal if I go to buy ammo from there (NH) and brought it back to MA?

As far as buying it in NH, yes that would be legal for you. However, don't bring it back into MA until after your FID comes in. You need at least an FID to legally possess ammunition or ammunition components in MA.

I'm fairly new to this forum still, so what exactly is going green and what is a group buy.

About going green LINK
A group buy is used to get discounted pricing on items similar to buying in bulk. If you can guarantee a manufacturer X amount of purchases then they can give you discount on the each purchase.

As far as buying it in NH, yes that would be legal for you. However, don't bring it back into MA until after your FID comes in. You need at least an FID to legally possess ammunition or ammunition components in MA.

Yes I understand that part I was just asking for when it comes in I want to way out the pros and cons on pricing of the guns to the pricing of the ammos I don't plan to make any purchases until my fid comes in but for now I figured I might as well get the things that I will need such as hearing protection, eye protection, a safe, and maybe a couple of locks.

Buy your safe in Massachusetts (Eastern Safe in Mendon has a good rep). With safes, distance is a factor in delivery costs, plus there's no MA sales tax on gun safes.

Since you're in Lowell, just take the drive up to New Hampshire for accessory shopping. North of Nashua, unless you're trying to purchase an actual firearm, you'll find nobody cares whether you have a FID nor asks if you are a MA resident (but of course you'll need to know what's legal in MA and have the FID to be compliant when you re-cross the border).

For good prices on 7.62 x39 and 45acp ammo in bulk, check out Riley's in Hooksett, or if you can wait until April, there's a good gun show in Concord.

Last edited:
Just be prepared for the clerk at any border town Wally World to ask you for ID, I get asked at the Salem NH Wally World all the time. I just flash my NH drivers license and am good to go. You'll need to show them your FID.

Most gun shops won't ask you for ID to buy ammo, you are on the honor system.

If you are in Lowell you can come up to Salem, Derry, Londonderry, and Pelham and find gun shops. Try not to drool on the free state guns.

While you are here look for a new place to live, get the bleep out of Lowell

the lowell and tewksbury walmart dont sell ammo, check out the one in hudson and the dicks in nashua might have some deals, just make sure you have your fid if you try to buy a rifle case!

Dicks Sporting goods at the north end of the Pheasant Lane Mall is about 10 mins. from where you live. All tax free! Guns and ammo are on the lower floor.

Hey guys I'm back with another question of anyone that knows of some local ffl dealers that knows about or goes by the manufacturer shipping mag fed rifles with 10 or under mags being fid compliant. So when my fid comes in it could save me a whole lot of time calling dealers looking for a rifle and finding the one I like and the ffl dealer telling me I can't buy it because it isn't fid compliant. Thanks in advance for any tips fellow shooters.

Hey guys I'm back with another question of anyone that knows of some local ffl dealers that knows about or goes by the manufacturer shipping mag fed rifles with 10 or under mags being fid compliant. So when my fid comes in it could save me a whole lot of time calling dealers looking for a rifle and finding the one I like and the ffl dealer telling me I can't buy it because it isn't fid compliant. Thanks in advance for any tips fellow shooters.

MA gunshops will have very few, if any non compliant rifles. Most will have a few MA compliant rifles in stock, and they can order what you want. Call around. Four Seasons in Woburn always has a good selection.

Edit: I just noticed you are getting an FID. Sorry, no ARs on an FID. Go apply for an LTC A, and you'll be good to go.

Last edited:
Yea I wanted to apply for an ltc even a class b would have been fine but the LO told me they would most likely deny it for suitability, I have several charges on my minor and adult record that were all dismissed/CWOF. And fid compliance is the main thing I'm worried about and from what I've read while researching a wasr-10 single stack and a hipoint 995ts is fid compliant but Four seasons told me all mag fed rifles are hi cap so I'm now researching dealers who go by the 10 round mag or less from manufacturers being fid compliant.

Ah, OK. Not sure about the guns you speak of. I'd start calling around to different shops. It may be easier to get answers that way. Sorry I misunderstood.

RE: LTC
Call their bluff and let them deny you, then take it to court.

Get your FID then apply for an A, screw them

RE: LTC
Call their bluff and let them deny you, then take it to court.

Get your FID then apply for an A, screw them

If he ever moves out of state to somewhere without such suitability requirements for cc, couldn't a denial screw his chances there, too, if it wasn't overturned?

If he ever moves out of state to somewhere without such suitability requirements for cc, couldn't a denial screw his chances there, too, if it wasn't overturned?

I've read something like that before I think, I believe it said something about not being able to apply again "UNTIL" I appeal the first denial that's what I'm worried about. I plan on applying for an ltc after a few months of having my fid. If that's even possible, atleast they will see that I've had an fid for a while and I already own a few rifles/shotguns what would be the harm in approving for an ltc. Any thoughts on that thought would be helpful.

I've read something like that before I think, I believe it said something about not being able to apply again "UNTIL" I appeal the first denial that's what I'm worried about. I plan on applying for an ltc after a few months of having my fid. If that's even possible, atleast they will see that I've had an fid for a while and I already own a few rifles/shotguns what would be the harm in approving for an ltc. Any thoughts on that thought would be helpful.

Having a CWOF on your record does not discount you from getting a LTC/A.
The application asks if you have convictions. A CWOF (Continuance Without a Finding), does no such thing unless there is judgement passed because you didn't follow the rules of probation. Also, it talks about "a sentence greater than 2 years". Assuming we're talking misdemeanor, which likely we talk about with a CWOF you have a greater chance.

All & all it's up to you. You already got your FID, or are getting one & paid your $100, so you might want to wait a while before you pay the town another $100 to apply for a LTC/A.

I would look over the paperwork again - read through it & HIGHLY suggest talking to a lawyer before you go forward. YOU may be giving up your rights to your FID, if you are denied your LTC/A (I don't know).

I would disagree, a CWOF can be used against you in MA, since there is discretionary licensing and "suitability" involved.

As I have pointed out in previous threads, the consumption of di-hydrogen oxide can be used to deny you a LTC of any class or restriction. The licensing authority does not have to give a reason, they can flat out refuse to issue a license. Even if you drag them into court, there is no guarantee of a positive outcome.

That being said I would not submit to a neutered license or be coerced into not applying or applying for a lesser class of license based upon some cops saying they will not issue.

Medford was famous for "B ramming" applicants to keep themselves from being dragged into court for for denying a pistol permit, and it worked until the State sent word down to the towns that were " B ramming" to knock it off. THeir response was to T&H everyone instead

Last edited:
the lowell and tewksbury walmart dont sell ammo, check out the one in hudson and the dicks in nashua might have some deals, just make sure you have your fid if you try to buy a rifle case!

Yea I've read that one thread from the guy that was getting a rifle case from his kids for christmas and the kids got carded for a case at dicks. So far I've pretty much found a local shop to spend money at for guns and most likely spending a lot at hudson nh walmart for ammo. I'm just wondering if they have the 6box maximum policy there too. I've read somewhere a few weeks back saying there was a limit to amount of boxes of ammo purchased at a time ei. 6/20rd of 9mm or 6/525rd of 22lr.

Back
Top Bottom