• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

questions about joining the military

Every servicemember has to have a will, and someting saying where your kids will go to be taken care of. During the first gulf war a good friend of mine who was divorced had put me down as the one to take care of her son in case she deployed. She was divorced. I had served with her in Berlin.

The problem arises in that "ex"s are suing to have the custody transferred to them since the other parent is deployed. Some courts are sidestepping the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act by saying they are "looking out for the best interests of the child".

Sometimes that may be good others bad. Any perspective single parent needs to be aware of the situation prior to "signing the dotted lines". Other all, that was the intention of the OP.

The problem arises in that "ex"s are suing to have the custody transferred to them since the other parent is deployed. Some courts are sidestepping the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act by saying they are "looking out for the best interests of the child".

Sometimes that may be good others bad. Any perspective single parent needs to be aware of the situation prior to "signing the dotted lines". Other all, that was the intention of the OP.

I understand what you are saying. That isn't right if the courts are disregarding divorce decrees, and who has custody of the kids. In my friends case she had sole custody. Her ex-and family had nothing to do with her or her son.
I know the military has to have all of these things in place as far as wills, and where the kids go.

"GARRENTEED"

Good Luck, Have Fun. Pick something you think you will like.

PS: I went in the Navy because I was too fat to join the Coast Guard and had a low draft #. I went in "GARRENTEED" Diver and "GARRENTEED" and nice warm sunny San Diego location. In Boot Camp 13 weeks long, I was offered Diver on Submarine (All Subs need Divers) I went to Sub School, Groton, Conn , Graduated 3rd in my class (300 Started, 28 Graduated) and was offered NUKE School.I took Nuke Weapons School,Damneck,VA, Graduated 6th in my class. (130 started, 13 Graduated) Was then was stationed as a Guinea Pig, I mean took a couple of boats through the overhaul yards in Maine and Missle Tests, FLA USA (Basically see if they float, plug the leaks, put out the fires, Fire Nuclear Ballistic Missles tests and work port & Starboard) Whats shore duty?? Did way too much Sea Duty, Not nearly enough Diving.

sailor-thumb.png
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom