Questions about IWB carry rig.

CMF

I'm thinking about getting a tuckable IWB rig that would work for concealed carry and IDPA, but I have a few questions that someone can perhaps answer for me.

One option is a leather rig e.g. the Workman from Mitch Rosen. However, the leather gun belts that I have seen were really thick, and I'm not sure that they would work well with formal clothes e.g. a suit or smart khakis. Is this true, or do they look OK? Is there a better option for a belt?

Another option is a kydex setup like the Ultimate Concealment Holster from Blade-Tech. It seems to me that a hard plastic holster IWB would be less comfortable than leather. Is this true?

Look into a hybrid - leather backing with a Kydex outer. Leather against your skin but kydex on the outside to reduce bulk. Comp-TAC M-Tac is a good example. I love mine.

I have tried several of the IWB holsters, including Rosen's Wkm. Recently received my Raven Concealment Systems Phantom holster (kydex). This is the best holster I have found. Totally modular, can be setup for IWB, OWB with whatever types of loops, hooks, clips you like. I have my G27 under a tucked in shirt at work right now. Haven't been able to do that with any of the other tuckables, and its comfortable.

Look into a hybrid - leather backing with a Kydex outer. Leather against your skin but kydex on the outside to reduce bulk. Comp-TAC M-Tac is a good example. I love mine.

I have both the Comp-tac M-tac and C-tac. One is leather/kydex and the other is 100% kydex. I actually find that the 100% kydex is more comfortable than the hybrid just because its smaller and conforms better to my body. Check out the gun belts from the beltman.net. I have the 1 1/2 in both black and brown and wear each with a suit or khakis. They look great and make a big difference when carrying.

Whatever holster you get, you will need a quality gun belt. You can get good ones that are 1 1/4" inches, and don't look as much like a gun belt. But a typical floppy dress belt just won't do it.

I have 2 of Mitch Rosen Holsters. They make a great IWB holster that clips on, the only problem it's only for up to 4 1/4 inch guns.

The other holster I have from Mitch Rosen is the the with the belt loop and it's for a 5 inch 1911.

Both Holsters are from their Express line and work well no matter what belt I use.

I would recommended any holster from the Mitch Rosen Express line, I think their the best holsters I have and I have a lot.

They are a lot better, cheaper and more comfortable than any of my real expensive ones I have, like the ones I have from High Noon and the wait [3-4 weeks] isn't even close to the wait of those [3-4 months].

Back
Top Bottom