• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Questions about HAM??

Would someone in NW CT or near NW CT be willing to give me a few min of their time to answer a few questions, after my research and reading there are still a few things I need to understand better.

I'll pay for the coffee

I would be more than happy to help you in any way I can and can be found very often in Sturbridge or Webster MA

But on the 18th I'll be here:

NARLFEST 2011
Saturday June 18
St. Mary's School
652 Willard Ave, Newington, CT
Click HERE for the printable 2011 NARLfest flyer
What is "NARLFEST?"

NARLFEST is a one-day annual event held by the Newington Amateur Radio League, a special-service non-profit club. NOTE: This is NOT the national ham association, ARRL, known otherwise as "The League." NARL is a local club supported by its member's dues, just like your home town's local repeater club. Serendipitously, over half of its members are also League employees.

The NARL club maintains the W1OKY and W1AW VHF repeaters and performs public service for the town of Newington and capital region.The purpose of the event is to raise money for the operation of this regional club, and to fund scholarships and other charitable functions.

The NARLFEST also provides a convenient place for hams to see, buy, and sell both new and used items related to the hobby such as radios, antennas, accessories, electronics, components, software, clothing, ID items, batteries, etc, as well as items of interest to spouses and families of the attending hams.

I will be easy to spot, Red Pack with a big white cross on it. I would be very grateful if I could bend your ear for a few.

I would need to know what a "field day" is and where I might find one.
No worries, not important.

Back
Top Bottom