• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Questions about CZ Scorpion Carbine

I purchased a CZ Scorpion carbine recently and love it so far. I would like to make some modifications made by HB Industries most notably a new trigger, reduced weight trigger spring kit, new charging handle, and different safety selectors.

I haven't been able to find anything saying that these would make it non MA compliant but was hoping to get some input from anyone here.

Also I was wondering what the overall limitations for this type of gun are such as can I put a forward assist grip and flashlight on it?

Thanks!

You already own it you can do whatever you want to it. Well other then a collapsible stock. Forward grip and flashflight are good to go

Thank you.

What would be the difference between a collapsible and folding stock? The scopion came with a stock that folds flat and is adjustable.

You pinned that so it wouldn't fold or collapse (make the extended rifle/LOP shorter or longer) though, so you just need to make sure you don't put one on that can do either unless you pin that one too.

Thank you.

What would be the difference between a collapsible and folding stock? The scopion came with a stock that folds flat and is adjustable.

You need to pin it so it can't fold or collapse.

- - - Updated - - -

The CZ Scorpion that I purchased new from a dealer can fold to one side and can be adjusted to a longer length. (http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-carbine/). The only thing the dealer changed was that I had to get 10 round magazines instead of the 20 that it originally comes with. Is this acceptable because its factory?

No.

Cz carbine owners - is this a worthy gun despite the MA neutering? I was considering it due to its portability yet mass version pinned etc

the biggest negative is the 10rd magazine here in Ma. especially now that the aftermarket has made a metal lipped 30rd to eliminate the factory mag feed lip cracking issue.

They guy who makes the Uzi-Pro Magazine Adapter (use Uzi-Pro magazine in CZ Scorpion EVO 3) has said an adapter for preban surplus UZI magazines is feasible, but not a priority for him.

if going the buffer tube stock style the Gear Head Works Tailhook setup looks real nice and there are a couple companies making adaptors for the tailhook to the factory stock.

Cz carbine owners - is this a worthy gun despite the MA neutering? I was considering it due to its portability yet mass version pinned etc

I have one and like it. It's a fun gun to shoot, thought it is heavier than I would have expected. The only thing I don't really like is that the mags don't drop free. Changing the trigger springs makes it even nicer.

A pistol caliber carbine that cant use standard capacity mags and that cant be collapsed is pointless.

Not to bogart the thread but has anyone looked at the cz 805?
I've got a 805 and it is really excellent, although it is pretty hefty. Planning on SBR'ing it.

Back
Top Bottom