• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question...

Okay - every so often I kind of get hung up...the mouse highlights the line (like Tech Support), but when I click it, nothing happens. I'll hit the stop key and try again, but it takes doing that 10 or more times before I get to where I want to go. Now, this hasn't happened on any other sites - and, after it "recovers" I go back to the listing of topics and it shows all of the categories as being read, even though I *know* there were stilll new posts left. Has this happened to anyone else here on the list? Or, if it's my connection, then why does it only happen when I'm in here?

The uncomputer savy blonde

derek said:
Operating System?
Browser being used?
Type of connection and firewall software if any?

Windows XP
Internet Explorer (Verizon DSL)
Defender Pro 2005 (anti virus and firewall - updated daily)

So when you go to the site it doesnt aleady have you logged in?

I logged in once, and every time I return I'm logged in.

derek said:
So when you go to the site it doesnt aleady have you logged in?

I logged in once, and every time I return I'm logged in.

Only if I forget to log out. :D Should I set it to have me logged in all the time?

TonyD said:
derek said:
TonyD said:
I've checked that box every time I log in, and every time I reurn, I have to log in.

You have cookies enabled or did you eat them all?

They were chocolate chip.

ROFL. What styles are you guys using Vietcong? Each style has its bugs. The only one that is somewhat bullet proof is SubSilver.

derek said:
BTW Lynne congrats on making 1st LT. :D

Hot damn....I'm an ociffer! Does that mean I have to work for a living now? [lol]

To answer your other question - I accept cookies....especially chocolate chip! [wink] However, in order to keep DSL working smoothly, I go in and delete cookies and temp files before I log off.

Are we making progress yet? :D

Lynne said:

What theme/style are you using? Deleting the cookies could becausing the problem. Try un-checking the auto-login if you are going to continue to delete cookies.

This will create a clean session when you visit.

derek said:
Lynne said:

What theme/style are you using? Deleting the cookies could becausing the problem. Try un-checking the auto-login if you are going to continue to delete cookies.

This will create a clean session when you visit.

Okie dokie...I do that in my profile? Or when I log into the site? (I'm SO confused...I'm blonde, remember? :D )

I'm using the "Victor Charlie" style, but I don't delete the "cookies". And I don't have problems. Yeah, I suspect cookies is the problem.

OBTW, Derek, when I get to 500 posts, PLEASE don't make me an OFFICER. That'd be a horrible thing thing to do to an NCO. CW2 or CW3 would be nice, though.

Um...I logged out, and when I logged back in, the box isn't checked, but it still remembers my password - is that going to cause problems? BTW - it doesn't happen every time I'm in here, only occaisionally, but it's only when I'm in here.

Nickle said:
I'm using the "Victor Charlie" style, but I don't delete the "cookies". And I don't have problems. Yeah, I suspect cookies is the problem.

OBTW, Derek, when I get to 500 posts, PLEASE don't make me an OFFICER. That'd be a horrible thing thing to do to an NCO. CW2 or CW3 would be nice, though.

I'm not sure what to do Nickle. I'll see if I can modify the 1st LT bar in to a CWO bar just for you and assign a special rank.

Lynne said:
Um...I logged out, and when I logged back in, the box isn't checked, but it still remembers my password - is that going to cause problems? BTW - it doesn't happen every time I'm in here, only occaisionally, but it's only when I'm in here.

The style setting is in your profile. Once you close your browser it should be all set.

derek said:
Lynne said:

The style setting is in your profile. Once you close your browser it should be all set.

Okay - I set it to sub silver (I need time to get used to this one! eek!) ans we'll see if that's better. Thanks hun!

derek said:
Nickle said:

I'm not sure what to do Nickle. I'll see if I can modify the 1st LT bar in to a CWO bar just for you and assign a special rank.

Maybe one of these would be better. I currently wear the first one, and will retire the latter, since I've spent my time as an E-7.

Image4027.gif

Image4026.gif

Edited by LenS: Nickle, please realize that cyan blends into the background for those of us NOT using VC! I use SubSilver (I liked SubDark but some features don't work there) and I can't read your posts. Thus I'm changing it here (and probably elsewhere) to Red which should stand out in any background (I hope).

Okay, here's another question. Ya know how there's the little hand pointing to a new post in the topics? Sometimes (not on all of them) when I click that it takes me to the original post, not to the newest post. Does that happen to anyone else, or is it just me?

Lynne said:
Okay, here's another question. Ya know how there's the little hand pointing to a new post in the topics? Sometimes (not on all of them) when I click that it takes me to the original post, not to the newest post. Does that happen to anyone else, or is it just me?

Uhh, I don't have any little hands on my screen so I can't help you but, no it doesn't happen to me.

TonyD said:
Lynne said:

Uhh, I don't have any little hands on my screen so I can't help you but, no it doesn't happen to me.

I switched to sub silver like Derek suggested (although I miss the VC - bells don't do much for me. [lol] )

Lynne, same here.

I'm using SubSilver too as SubDark loses some functionality. Even when I used VC it worked similarly as I recall.

LenS said:
Lynne, same here.

I'm using SubSilver too as SubDark loses some functionality. Even when I used VC it worked similarly as I recall.

It wasn't so bad, once I put n the sun glasses. [lol]

I'm still having that problem where when I click on the "newest post" arrow, it goes to the first post and I have to wade my way through all the posts/pages. <sniff> Is it me??

Back
Top Bottom