Question regarding new regs

So I am in the process of filling out the ridiculous forms to register my "AW" s and have a question. Does the form need the finger prints prior to, after or at the time of notarizing?

I heard one say that a notary would require it to be done at the same time, a big problem. ....

So I am in the process of filling out the ridiculous forms to register my "AW" s and have a question. Does the form need the finger prints prior to, after or at the time of notarizing?

I heard one say that a notary would require it to be done at the same time, a big problem. ....

Why does it need to be notarized? I searched the bill and gun laws and found no mention of notarizing. Yes, I know it's on the registration form, but did they just put that on just for the hell of it?

Why does it need to be notarized? I searched the bill and gun laws and found no mention of notarizing. Yes, I know it's on the registration form, but did they just put that on just for the hell of it?
wtf, they have out fingerprints and pictures on our carry permits, now we have to go through this bull shit again, like criminal, but ask an EBTer to give their fingerprints for food benes, and they call you a nazi.

wtf, they have out fingerprints and pictures on our carry permits, now we have to go through this bull shit again, like criminal, but ask an EBTer to give their fingerprints for food benes, and they call you a nazi.

But in all seriousness, is the addition of the notary stamp capricious? Is it just another hoop to jump through? Another cost? A way to make people say, 'oh eff it' and not register and get bent over legally at a later point in time?

Anyone know if the MP-15-22 and other 22lr are still legal? Is the process the same without a permit in CT (2 week wait, background check etc). also, to go to a range I would need to take a basic safety course and have a certificate to be able to use the range myself correct?

The CT Assault Weapon registration form requires a thumbprint. An ink pad works fine. Just fill out the application, apply the thumbprint and get the form notarized.

The notary will want to witness your signature, so don't sign the form until you get it notarized. Most banks offer free notary services for account holders. This was the easy part of the registration process.

Lou Braun

But in all seriousness, is the addition of the notary stamp capricious? Is it just another hoop to jump through? Another cost? A way to make people say, 'oh eff it' and not register and get bent over legally at a later point in time?

well clarification on the mag & aw forms ... they are declarations basically, they cannot refuse them. So although a notary is mentioned on the form it is not needed. Affidavits do not require notarization ... a judge will decide if you signed it or not. Think of all the contracts that would be void if that's the way affidavits worked.

Sitting here filling out my lovely "AW" registrations & LCM declarations and have not gotten to the point where it is time to go to the basement and sift through all the parts bins down there. After all I want to be sure I'm observing the full legal definition of an "assault weapon" as specified in PA 13-3 that reads: "[(2)] (ii) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subparagraph (A)(i) of this subdivision, [(1) of this subsection,] or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subparagraph (A)(i) of this subdivision, [(1) of this subsection,] may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;" AN ACT CONCERNING GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION AND CHILDREN'S SAFETY.

Once I find a few flash suppressors, pistol grips and/or buffer tubes & springs of course I'll want to register them as a fine law abiding citizen, but the thought then occurs to me - what next? Can I now build a completely functional "assault weapon" from each part I have registered? After all, each part is considered an assault weapon & stripped lowers are not AWs by themselves and are not illegal yet so why not just pic up a few and put those spare parts to use? Obviously the lack of serial number and manufacturer would be challenging but I'll have a certificate from the state its all nice and legal-like, no? What could go wrong [rofl]

Will we have to wait 20 years for some poor sap to do this and get a ruling from case law? What say ye legally knowledgable ones?

Last edited:
Sitting here filling out my lovely "AW" registrations & LCM declarations and have not gotten to the point where it is time to go to the basement and sift through all the parts bins down there. After all I want to be sure I'm observing the full legal definition of an "assault weapon" as specified in PA 13-3 that reads: "[(2)] (ii) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subparagraph (A)(i) of this subdivision, [(1) of this subsection,] or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subparagraph (A)(i) of this subdivision, [(1) of this subsection,] may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;" AN ACT CONCERNING GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION AND CHILDREN'S SAFETY.

Once I find a few flash suppressors, pistol grips and/or buffer tubes & springs of course I'll want to register them as a fine law abiding citizen, but the thought then occurs to me - what next? Can I now build a completely functional "assault weapon" from each part I have registered? After all, each part is considered an assault weapon & stripped lowers are not AWs by themselves and are not illegal yet so why not just pic up a few and put those spare parts to use? Obviously the lack of serial number and manufacturer would be challenging but I'll have a certificate from the state its all nice and legal-like, no? What could go wrong [rofl]

Will we have to wait 20 years for some poor sap to do this and get a ruling from case law? What say ye legally knowledgable ones?

-----

This is sort of like poking a skunk with a stick when you are within striking range. The folk who wrote the regulations probably did not consider that some of us might have extra pieces and parts that might attach to a regulated assault weapon. My guess is that any attempt to register these items would totally confuse the DSP.

Lou Braun

-----

This is sort of like poking a skunk with a stick when you are within striking range. The folk who wrote the regulations probably did not consider that some of us might have extra pieces and parts that might attach to a regulated assault weapon. My guess is that any attempt to register these items would totally confuse the DSP.

Lou Braun

don't forget to register all the AR and ak74 you built from 80% receivers last year. of course these don't have serial numbers

-----

Lou Braun

Poking the skunk is what we do in CT.

We don't (yet) need government permission to own firearms like MA people.

Remember, you are not asking permission. You are registering in compliance with an assinine law. You are not asking or applying for anything.

I know people who have refused to notarize the LCM forms because they are simply declarations.

Don

- - - Updated - - -

I have thought the same thing. My intent is to register every flash hider, mag release button, and AR pistol grip that I own.

Don

When we legally purchased our now classified "ASSault weapons here in CT we all filled out 5 forms, yet now we must also declare these firearms, and if we do not, we are felons!

I also have to declare any pistol with a threaded barrel as an ASSault weapon. Declare our "hi-cap" magazines...or again, we are felons.

You folks bring up an interesting point regarding getting these BS papers notarized, Is it really necessary?

All this crap is making me sick to my stomach...

You filled out 3 forms when you purchase a gun in CT from a licensee. This hasn't changed.

1) ATF4473 - the federal form. The FFL holds onto that for ever.
2) DPS 67 - this is the state declaration form, much like the first page of the 4473.
3) DPS 3 - this is done in quadrouplicate. One copy each goes to you, the DESPP, your town's PD, and the last is kept by the FFL.

Prior to 4/4/13, if you purchased through a private person, any rifle or shotgun or rifle that is now classified as an AW, the state should not have any records of this.

Remember, prior to 4/4/13, a sale of a long gun between non-licensees involved you giving him the money and him giving you the gun. Thats it.

Yes, 3 forms, one in quadruplicate. But now that isn't enough! All my firearms were purchased through a CT FFL. There's "paper" on all on them

The problem for the state is that they know you bought them, but they don't actually know that you still have them.

Remember that prior to 4/4/13, an AR was just a rifle. It could be sold with no paperwork.

In fact, a rifle or handgun can STILL be sold with no paperwork if it goes out of state. At least no paperwork on your end. The receiving licensee will enter the firearm into their bound book. But from the perspective of the state of CT, the trail ends with you unless you want to cooperate with them.

A registry eliminates all of this ambiguity.

The funny thing is that they are so far behind at the DESPP that they don't have any clue who has what at this point. I spoke to one of the ladies this weekend and asked her what month's DPS3s they were working on and she told me that they may have gotten to March of 13. So if you bought a gun in April of 13, the paperwork that the dealer sent to the state has still not been processed. Amazing.

Don

The funny thing is that they are so far behind at the DESPP that they don't have any clue who has what at this point. I spoke to one of the ladies this weekend and asked her what month's DPS3s they were working on and she told me that they may have gotten to March of 13. So if you bought a gun in April of 13, the paperwork that the dealer sent to the state has still not been processed. Amazing.

Don

And I can confirm this. Ha!

I was thinking about a ride to Cabelas today, how do the new regs affect ammo and reloading components purchases by non-CT residents?

I was thinking about a ride to Cabelas today, how do the new regs affect ammo and reloading components purchases by non-CT residents?

You must have one of the 3 CT licenses in order to buy ammo or mags from any CT retailer. I don't know if it applies to reloading components

You must have one of the 3 CT licenses in order to buy ammo or mags from any CT retailer. I don't know if it applies to reloading components

Guess that takes care of a trip, it means I'll be spending the morning chopping brush instead.

Support something in communist CT?? Why?

Let's put it this way, 45 minutes to Cabelas in CT, 2-3/4 hours to Cabelas in Maine or 5.5 hours to Cabelas in Hamburg, PA.

Dont think they do. I bought ammo there at cabelas without an issue.

Sent from my treestand

Some websites are refusing to accept orders from CT residents for ammo, even though all you have to do is send a copy of your license just like sending an FFL for buying a firearm online.

Some websites are refusing to accept orders from CT residents for ammo, even though all you have to do is send a copy of your license just like sending an FFL for buying a firearm online.

Some? MOST! [sad]

MidwayUSA claims they will still ship after I forward them a copy of my permit along with an ID. They're the only one I've found so far in my limited search

It really frustrates me that retailers wont sell to CT. I understand that it's a pain and they are worried about messing up and then getting in trouble but this is what CT politicians want. They want to make it impossible for us to get guns and ammo without actually outlawing it. Gun and ammo retailers and some private sellers think they are punishing CT by not doing business with people in CT but all they are doing is rewarding the commies and giving them what they want. This is the kind of thing that will make the commies feel like these laws are a success and push even harder for them elsewhere. I get that buisnesses have to protect themselves but it's frustrating and will have a negative impact for people outside of the commie states eventually.

Don't be surprised if CT starts asking Midway for ammo sales to CT residents under the guise of enforcing these stupid laws just so they can collect CT sales tax on the sales.

Last edited:
Theres a quote I heard and it stuck in my head ever since don't remember from who but it says the following" There will never be justice on stolen land and The U.S was built on guns" remember guys guns will never go away....google up the people in Pakistan making their own guns from scratch...

Back
Top Bottom