Question regarding military gear

I was offered a bunch of military gear circa 1990. This includes mags to helmets and everything in between. My question is are the magazines legal to re sell? I believe they are all M-16 mags. I dont have them yet because Im not sure of the legality. Any idea what they would be worth? Thanks Tom

If the mags are preban they should be legal to resell. Most (but not all) USGI type mags have a date stamp on them or other identifying marks.

As for "what is it worth" it depends on who is buying it. If they are in excellent shape you might be able to get $20 from someone for them, $25 or $30 from a sucker. (I've seen MA gun stores get $30-35 apiece!) Most in the know never pay more than $10-20 for a typical USGI 30 round mag. The 20 round mags are also generally worth more than the 30s.... 20s in decent shape will always fetch over $20, assuming they're USGI.

-Mike

i will gladly safeguard and take anything off your hands. [smile]

all BS aside, if the mags are marked, you trade them, pass them off to LE or MIL guys (if you know any) or sell them to free state people.

as for price, what drgrant said. [wink]

Thanks for the advice. I wont be getting the surplus, somebody made him a great deal. I should have grabbed it instead of waiting and trying to be a law abiding citizen. Lesson learned

Back
Top Bottom