• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question on transfers

I have a hypothetical question to ask. My brother and I both have very large firearm collections (well over 100 +) combined. What if for whatever reason one of us lost our LTC . Now i know that you are allowed only 4 transfers a year . Therefore would the rest have to be transfered through a FFL or is there some other way to transfer them . Are there any other possibilties ? Thanks

I believe, according to MGL Ch 140 Sec 129D, in that situation you would have to surrender all your guns to your Chief of Police (or whoever granted you your LTC), and after that you would then be able to transfer them all to your brother and he could collect them from the Chief.

Unless, of course, the PD has already given your property to the "bonded warehouse" that runs a full-page, full-color ad in the MCOPA journal, mails the PD's fliers and sends its truck around to pick all the guns up.

You will pay an intake fee, a return processing fee and daily storage fee. The cost of those fees will outstrip the value of your guns very quickly.

I was at work today and had someone tell me when his father passed away they placed all the firearms in bonded storage in Lowell. He said that there are over 1500 guns in that storage.

He also did not know much about firearms since he said that his father had two of those "guns you see in the movies..with the wood handles"

Well hell that rounds it down.. lol

His father was a collector of military arms from what he was trying to describe of them.

I would love to see his fathers collection before it is gone.

I was at work today and had someone tell me when his father passed away they placed all the firearms in bonded storage in Lowell. He said that there are over 1500 guns in that storage.

He also did not know much about firearms since he said that his father had two of those "guns you see in the movies..with the wood handles"

Well hell that rounds it down.. lol

His father was a collector of military arms from what he was trying to describe of them.

I would love to see his fathers collection before it is gone.

Did you ask him why they put them in bonded storage, and if they were aware of exactly how much per day it was costing them? I'm right next to Lowell and would be happy to hang onto those guns for practically nothing, even take them out for regular walks and exercise. [wink]

Ken

Ken,

From what I understand, no one in the immediate family has any form of firearm permits..

I have no clue on the cost of the unit, but I am sure it's not a dime on a dollar.

I'll guarantee that the costs of their getting the necessary permit to dispose of this collection on their own terms would be infinitesimal in comparison to what they're going to end up paying the warehouse, most likely even in comparison to a single day's costs.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom