• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question on Portland ME Cabela's rifle purchase

Ipe

I think I know the answer to this, but having searched and not finding the exact answer I'm going to ask anyway.

After finally getting my LTC-A in Bedford I want to pick up a rifle I saw recently at Cabela's in Portland. It was a Savage 93R17 .17hrm with what looks like a 'only available at Cabela's' Boyds Evolution stock and scope combo at what seemed to be a fairly good price. I like this rifle because it has all the features I want at a price lower than I could build up on my own. So, if I choose to go this route, it'll have to be transferred back in to the Peoples Republic via an FFL, right?

This will be my first purchase here so I'm a bit confused about the hoops I'm going to have to jump through. Thanks in advance.

I think I know the answer to this, but having searched and not finding the exact answer I'm going to ask anyway.

After finally getting my LTC-A in Bedford I want to pick up a rifle I saw recently at Cabela's in Portland. It was a Savage 93R17 .17hrm with what looks like a 'only available at Cabela's' Boyds Evolution stock and scope combo at what seemed to be a fairly good price. I like this rifle because it has all the features I want at a price lower than I could build up on my own. So, if I choose to go this route, it'll have to be transferred back in to the Peoples Republic via an FFL, right?

This will be my first purchase here so I'm a bit confused about the hoops I'm going to have to jump through. Thanks in advance.

No. If it's a long gun that's legal for you to posess in your home state, it's legal for you to buy it in another state and bring it back.

As a Mass. resident, you'll need to fill out and mail in an FA-10 form within 7 days to document that you purchased it, but you can buy the gun there and drive it home.

Oh yeah, and if you don't have any FA-10's, you can call the CHSB at 617-660-4600, and they'll mail you as many as you'd like free of charge.

Back
Top Bottom