• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question on new Kahr K9

It's a K9, 9mm, Ni/Black SS Slide, Std Sights K9091MA.
The s/n indicates it's a 97 mfr just like the box it came in says.

Here's the thing- I found a legend on the Kahr web that defines the model numbers which says K is for SS, 909 is 9mm but '1' is for stamped slide. I have no idea what the MA is and this slide is definitely SS Black. I can't find any data on the K9091MA version. Anyone familiar with this one?

BTW- great gun and shoots well. Trigger pull is long though. Especially compared to a glock.

Lugnut said:
It's a K9, 9mm, Ni/Black SS Slide, Std Sights K9091MA.
The s/n indicates it's a 97 mfr just like the box it came in says.

Here's the thing- I found a legend on the Kahr web that defines the model numbers which says K is for SS, 909 is 9mm but '1' is for stamped slide. I have no idea what the MA is and this slide is definitely SS Black. I can't find any data on the K9091MA version. Anyone familiar with this one?

BTW- great gun and shoots well. Trigger pull is long though. Especially compared to a glock.

9091 should be a carbon steel slide with a nickel finish. All stainless Kahrs say STAINLESS on them right by the serial number.

There's a way to shorten the trigger by swapping out parts from one of the Elite series models. Go to the Kahr site and get the following parts:

Elite Trigger #009K9E $14.00
Elite Trigger Spring # 010K9E $6.00
Elite Trigger Spacer # 011K9E $2.00
Trigger Pivot Pin #012K9E $2.00

Only the first three are different. The pivot pin is just in case you bugger up the old one getting it out. It shaves about 1/8 inch off the trigger travel.

The spacer has to be rotated a certain way to avoid binding on the spring. Take a good look (and maybe some close up photos) of your trigger before dis-assembly. I didn't but fortunately had another Kahr to refer to.

Back
Top Bottom