• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question on Mass ammo/firearms sales license, PM me please...

Basic info is that the local police dept issues them. They are supposed to inspect your operation annually. Location must be commercially zoned.

Some chiefs add a ton of requirements, so best to ask him what he requires so that you aren't blindsided.

When I applied (foot note I just wanted ammo sales permit) they just started the "no home FFL " Town said I could wall off my basement rear room and have a separate entrance or build a garage. Things moved along until the board asked about parking and requested a traffic study at a cost of $3700. The FD chief also told me up front that he would limit me to the residential permit limits for storage. Which is almost useless. This also one of the things thAt happened to the shop in Rockland but worse.
I did find a business front to rent but when I listed the business the property owner said no firearms or explosives...
Good luck also if your in a anti gun "zone" God bless

Back
Top Bottom