• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question on FTF Sales to Non-residents of NH

I live in New Hampshire and will soon be trying to sell two long arms (a rifle and a shotgun). The rifle is a C&R since is is more than 50 years old. The shotgun is not.

Question 1: Can I sell either long arm to an adult resident of another state (including the commonwealth to the south of me) in a FTF transaction in New Hampshire?

Question 2: Can I sell the C&R eligible rifle to a non-resident holding a C&R license? Does this change is the non-resident is from the Commonwealth of Silly Firearms Laws).

Question 3: I have a very friendly FFL in NH who handles transfers for me. Would this person be of any assistance if a FTF transfer in New Hampshire to a non-resident.

Thanks!

Mark

As I understand it, the sale of long guns to nonresidents is not prohibited by state law, but it must occur through a FFL in the state of purchase, so you would probably need to get your dealer to transfer the firearms.

Not sure about the C&R but I think they can buy it direct from you. But that one you should check on with a more knowledgeable person on this forum.

Speaking of which, I gotta apply for my damn C&R...

C&R guns can be bought by a C&R FFL holder in any state in the Union, assuming that state laws allow for this.

Any other long gun must be purchased out-of-state (buyer not living in same state as seller) ONLY by using a FFL to do the transfer. This can be done in any state where state law allows for it.

If you do Advanced Search in Gun Laws forum, we've covered it probably a dozen times.

Back
Top Bottom