• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question for Tokarev owners?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I took apart my new Tokerev to clean her up and to see if I could loosen up the amount of force needed to rack the slide. It has the hardest pull of all my semi autos. I cleaned up a crap load of gunk, put it back together and while it cycles much more smoothly it didn't help the force needed to rack the slide. If I pull the hammer back first, it's very easy to rack. When the hammer is up against the slide, holy crap it's hard to rack.

Does anyone have this same issue with their Tokarev? Any thoughts on how to loosen it up?

How far have you taken it down? Have you inspected the hammer spring itself?

I pulled the trigger assembly out of the frame, but I didn't take it apart. Was following some online directions and more then a few of them said not to mess with it. I will if I need to though. Always up for a challenge.

Not sure if this will be useful to you, but the most recent issue of Shotgun News has a 2 page things on tokarev gunsmithing. Havnt had a chance to read it yet myself, but it might have something helpful.
If they dont post them online and you want to see it, I can scan it, just pm me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom