• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

-

What are you using it for? If just for the range I wouldnt worry about the safety factor as you wont have a round in the chamber until youre already pointed downrange, its not like youre leaving it loaded in the chamber are you? My concern is whether its a smooth pull or not, that will affect your accuracy [grin]

Yup, just a range gun. Hahah and yes it is a smooth pull. Still has that Mosin trigger slop to it though. But once you pull off the slack its a very smooth and light pull. Sooo much better than the stock gritty and heavy trigger. Just a little worried about sear engagement. I keep trying to get the rifle to slam fire, but cant seem to make the cocking piece budge

Last edited:
I actually bought one of the Finnish sears from a seller on eBay. It dropped right in and it's by far the crispest trigger of my three mosins. Breaks very cleanly.

Temped to buy two more for my other mosins but I've polished the sears to the point it's a very light trigger and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

You can also polish the firing pin. The small round stop is what you want nice and smooth. Also one little item you can install which the Finn rifles have is a small spring on the trigger assembly. It removes most of the take up and makes the trigger far nicer IMO. They are made by a guy who is on the gunboards forum. I will try and look up his info for you.
Or you can really go nuts and install a Timney trigger. I have one in a project rifle and it is a crisp 4 pounds. But then you are changing the rifle from its original configuration which you may not want to do.

Last edited:
I'm confused as to what is bothering you about the trigger. You say it's 3 lbs and crisp, you also say you can't make it fire by pounding on it or beating it, yet you don't seem to trust it. What don't you trust about it? Did it lie to you or cheat on you?

+1 on the timmney I'm waiting on mine for my heavy barreled mosin, I've shimmed polished and bent my sear up and it still sucks... if you got it to three ponds be happy!

sent from my truck while driving down 95 in the high speed lane doing 55

Back
Top Bottom