Question for siding contractors

snax

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have certainteed monogram (originally bought by me)
13 years old.
They apparently have a lifetime warranty, 100%, non pro-rated.
It's blue... fading to purple/pink.

Anybody ever deal with a vinyl siding warranty? ....or are they like trying to warranty a mattress... if I try to file a claim, will they do everything in their power to avoid paying/ making good on it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a siding contractor but I do know a few people who had similar issues with color fading on their vinyl siding. Don't remember any specific brands but the companies did stand behind their warranty. Good luck!

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So all (most) of the vinyl siding companies also produce vinyl fencing. Certainteed is/was owned by Saint-Gobain, but may have been owned by PlyGem at the time. I know the fence products warranties cover "abnormal" fading and discoloration. The question becomes, what is abnormal? I have seen them pay many claims, however, very few of them paid for the installation. Additionally, if they send brand new replacement product it will not match what has been on the house for years.
I suspect that parts of the house are fine? Only the highly exposed parts are faded?

As crazy as it seems, your best solution may be paint. The new "Super Paint" from Sherwin will last for 20 plus years and you can match the fade. It is designed specifically for plastics and bonds to the PVC.
I think you would need all of your original paper work and have registered your warranty at time of purchase to file a successful claim.

snax

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So all (most) of the vinyl siding companies also produce vinyl fencing. Certainteed is/was owned by Saint-Gobain, but may have been owned by PlyGem at the time. I know the fence products warranties cover "abnormal" fading and discoloration. The question becomes, what is abnormal? I have seen them pay many claims, however, very few of them paid for the installation. Additionally, if they send brand new replacement product it will not match what has been on the house for years.
I suspect that parts of the house are fine? Only the highly exposed parts are faded?

As crazy as it seems, your best solution may be paint. The new "Super Paint" from Sherwin will last for 20 plus years and you can match the fade. It is designed specifically for plastics and bonds to the PVC.
I think you would need all of your original paper work and have registered your warranty at time of purchase to file a successful claim.
Thanks.
They were saint-gobain in 2007 when i sided it.
I can see fading, but this is changing color completely, mostly on the two sides that see the most sun.
I'll probably clean it according to their instructions so it looks better (I usually just hose it off with water), and file a claim and see what happens.

Top Bottom