Question for MI types

tuna

NES Member
I see a lot of references to ASA folk, and the Army MI insignia as an avatar, so I'm hoping I may get my search solved here.

Back in 1994, I bought a poster while I was assigned to Zoekler Station in Korea (ELINT - MOS was O5D, changed to 98D, Morse Code DF guy) that was really funny. There were two posters, one showed a krusty old NCO saying "Don't call me Sir, I work for a living" as his coffee was eating through the bottom of his cup into the shell from a cannon. The other one is the one I bought, and can't find in my sacks of crap. It was titled "I M MI" and had a bunch of funny scenes in the poster; combination to safe written inside the open drawer of the safe, a claymore mine with "welcome" on it, two people talking, one saying "I'm a spy plane pilot" with the other saying "U2, so MI" and lots more. If you've ever seen this poster, you'll recognize it by my rambling semi coherent post.

Does anyone know where I can find those again? My google-fu is usually pretty good, but this time is turning up Bupkis. I'm hoping to go back to Intel soon, and would really like to find this poster again.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

tuna - a former "Silent Warrior"

Nope, but some different things from Field Station Berlin have been showing up on E-bay of all places. Lol
So you were one of the ditty boppers.[wink]No offense, but ours in Berlin were really really weird.[laugh]

Thanks to Derek, I've found my answer! The guy's name is Mike Conrad. He's got a few more out now. You can check his work at stores/mikeconradart.com/m-i-poster

Thanks again, Derek!

I can't believe it. I haven't seen that poster since I first joined (early 90's).

I'm going to order a couple of them now...

My wife and I are both former SIGINTers...

Aloha

98C3BY - spent most of my career under the pineapple fields

Wife was 98C4 - with Master Anaylst and a couple of other fun things...

One of my first assignment options was FSH (my room mate in the schoolhouse's father was in the assignments branch for my MOS so I got whatever I wanted.) But I went with FSB (good choice as I met the wife there) Berlin was a fun place to be I worked main shop in maint for 6 months and then moved to Lefox maint. We had 98's on our floor (can't remember the version LOL too long ago)

Back
Top Bottom