Question for FFL's re: Handguns and "Other"

In federal taxonomy a "firearm" covers all guns. Below firearms you have rifles, shotguns, pistols, frames, receivers. You also have "other" firearms but this is something that does not meet one of the defined categories like a pistol or rifle or receiver. A 14" Mossberg Shockwave is a "other" firearm since it is not any of the defined sub categories. Delta Level Defense makes a "other" firearm which is a 12" barrel, pistol brace, vertical foregrip and OAL over 26". It does not meet any category and is a "other " firearm. SBR is a sub category of rifle.

The 4473 is a totally different taxonomy. When doing a 4473 (and what the FFL uses is in no way the concern of the customer) is handgun, long gun, and other firearm. This is not "other" firearm but firearm OTHER than a handgun or long gun (rifle or shotgun).

Multi handgun sales are for handguns only. Some states along the Mexican boarder also have to report multiple long gun sales.

Can you show exactly where? I would be surprised if they actually said "not firearms" rather than "not handguns, rifles or shotguns" ..... but I have been surprised before. This is not a rhetorical question - I am really interested in the answer.

Attachments

• 6B3BD287-8D56-4606-977C-04F9ABD605A7.jpeg
    6B3BD287-8D56-4606-977C-04F9ABD605A7.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2
I would have left the shit on the counter (unless it was an inbound transfer) and walked out. If backed into a corner id give them the black cross afterwards. Some dealers are their own worst enemy i guess. It was one thing to fax when the state forced it, but now to mandate it as a store policy they're just f***ing the customer and creating more work.
I did, since I couldn't take it home that day. They called 3 days later to let me know I'd been approved. I said I wasn't taking it. They called the next day to remind me it was there and I was cleared. I told them again that I was no longer interested.
I've purchased 2 handguns from Sig Academy's store. In both cases they Faxed the form to NHSP and told me that it was faster and more efficient than sitting on the phone on hold. In both cases, the OK came within less than 1 hour.

See above. They claimed that response time was better with a Faxed form.

When I picked up a gun (inbound transfer) at 619DW, Keith called it in and I was done within minutes. I think due to the high volume of sales at Sig, their way is more efficient for them, allowing them to process more customers/hour than sitting on hold forever. For lower volume stores, calling it in may be quicker/more efficient.
In 2012 we moved back to NH. I bought something at Sig, and they faxed it. I still hated that AZ had "instant" if you had a permit, but faxing seemed better at the time, since they weren't reading out all of your info in front of other customers. That one was about 20 minutes. Later on, during the plandemic, one took 9 days (not faxed). Others later on during it took about 3 hours (faxed). I assumed this last time that it would be about 3 hours, and it took until the next day. I trade a lot. A week before and a week later they took about an hour (not sure - fax or phone) and 5 minutes (phone). The NH GunLine can suck it as far as I'm concerned. We don't need them.
I'm actually shocked the fax was that fast. Then again I will admit I don't know what it is in "fall of 2022" just that it sucked horribly when it was the fax only universe. After the shop I worked at went to direct, we never went back to fax unless the state forced us to for some specific reason. The '"fax only NH gun line universe" in spring 2020 was background checks queued up for about 2-5 days on average, but we had other people 2 weeks, and I had one woman that was held out on a limb for a f***ing month. I was so pissed about that lady's situation we just started sending a dupe of her BG check sheet every day. After a couple days of that crapflooding it finally got done. Mind you, this wasnt someone with a delay or anything just them dragging ass.

Not offerering to call direct though above all else as the default though is box store shit. [rofl]

Then again Sig, box store gonna box, not surprised at that.
I've learned my lesson. If they fax, I'm not going to that store again. It's as simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom