• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question for C&R Folks (License Misprint?)

Hey folks,
Wasn't sure the best place to post this so apologies if this isn't quite right. Anyway, I was just getting ready to use my C&R for the first time the other day and noticed that the Name field on the top part of the C&R as the first part of my address printed in it. The rest of the license is correct, including the cut-out information card at the bottom (the cutout information card at the bottom does list business name as that same first part of my address but the License Name is my full name).

Is the name suppose to be my name or the first part of my address (it does match the name of my "Business") or should it be my full name? I have been poking around on the internet for the past hour or two, but it's not clear so I thought I'd try here...

--Seth

Do you mean it was printed wrong, or the data is wrong?

Mine has a "NAME" field (line) and below it in a box a "Premises address" box. The typeface for my name and address are different.

Does yours say something like:

NAME: John Q. Public 123 Main st.
----------------------------------------------------
PREMISES ADDRESS: Anytown USA, 12345

The ATF is actually really good at this kind of customer service.

If it were me, I'd just try to use it and see if the seller cares, and at the same time call the ATF and say, "hey this looks wrong, can I get a replacement with the address in the right place?" Which they'll do for no charge. You probably just need to write them a letter.

Back
Top Bottom