• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question for 3-gunners and other AR competitors

KBCraig

NES Member
With the prevalence of 1 o'clock sights for short range targets, has anyone produced a buttstock that swivels? Point being, keep the same shoulder/cheek weld, but flip the rifle quickly to the alternative sights.

There is no prevalence, the majority of competitors in the tactical optics and like divisions use variable scopes, such as the Vortex 1-4X, 1-6X, Burris XTR, Mtac, 1-4X, Bushnell 1-6.5X. A few shooters that don't use a low power variable, will use the offset irons.

There is no prevalence, the majority of competitors in the tactical optics and like divisions use variable scopes, such as the Vortex 1-4X, 1-6X, Burris XTR, Mtac, 1-4X, Bushnell 1-6.5X. A few shooters that don't use a low power variable, will use the offset irons.

Dan, You forgot the Nightforce 1-4

Agree with Dan of course. I use off set irons and a 3-9 because I like irons up close and "think" I need 9x for distance. I think a pivoting stock would feel loose and you would loose stability. My perception is that major matches are pushing accuracy needed to better than 4moa and closer to 2moa.

Tim, I left a lot of scopes out! Like the Swarovski, Millet, Weaver, various Leupold models and others.

Back
Top Bottom