• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question about Vermont Purchasing...

Hi everyone... I am going to be moving to Burlington, VT within the next couple of months. I would like to know what documents will be need to purchase a Handgun? I am assuming my VT DL? Also is there any type of background check done at the shop?

Thanks.

All you need is a VT ID card, not even a drivers license (an official non driver ID will be OK). When you go to the shop, I recommend Powderhorn in Williston, they do a federal check on your name & social to make sure you are not a violent offender and that is it, your good to go. Should take about 15 min.

Yep, they'll need a positive form of ID, then they'll have you fill out a federal form 4473 and they'll run a NICS check over the phone. As long as the NICS check comes back 'proceed', you're all set.

All gunshops need to run background checks for firearms purchases. Unless you have a C&R or FFL. The Powderhorn probably has some of the best prices and selection in the area. I used to work at the Powderhorn. But there are others:

B&J's on Industrial ave, Williston. (way over priced, not very flexible)

Midstate Sports, rte 7 Ferrisburg?. ( not the most pleasant of owners to deal with, but fair.)

Bobs Gunshop, Georgia. (Well, Lets just say his name should be Dick)

Dave Pidgeons, Rte 7 Middlebury. (Provides gunsmith services as well, hard to deal with at times.)

Alder run, Franklin. (competetive with the Powderhorn in prices, but way out in the sticks, has a nice gun range.)

Parro's Gunshop, Waterbury.(Class 3 dealer, Good selection, priced reasonably)

Datillios, Shelburne rd, So Burlington. ( Jimmy is a good guy, good prices, crappy selection, no display area to look at stuff)

John's Gunshop, Morrisville. (good people, good prices, but very religious and sometimes pushy about it to new customers.)

There are others, But those are just off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom