• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question about taking off an uncommon flash-hider

The barrel on my AR15 is a DPMS 16'' 223 Bull Barrel and the previous owner installed a (not so commonly seen) customized flash-hider on that big barrel. It seems to be secured in position by a ring (as seen in the yeelow circle). But I'm not sure. And I don't want to bend the barrel when trying to take the flash-hider off.

Any suggestion?

ar15-flashhider.jpg

Is it a post-ban? Could be pinned/welded or soldered in place. If it's pinned you'll need to drill or grind out the pin. If it's soldered you'll need to heat it past 1100 degrees to melt the solder then you can get it off with a wrench. Best bet is to send it off to a gunsmith if you're unsure.

Sorry for the original bad quality image.

Just got my camera back.

Here is a close look.

There seems to be an adapter in between the bull barrel and flashhider. Does anyone have any idea?

flashhider.jpg

looks like it is a nut that when tight holds the flash suppressor on...i would hold the flash suppressor with a wrench then loosen the nut it should slide right off

....looks like an EMT compression connector.

not sure why the hell someone would use electrical fittings on an AR15, but i've seen worse.

2008919162623119.jpg

with some sort of shroud, with slots in it, and painted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom