Question about shotgun

I picked up my friends shotgun for safe keeping at Police Dept. He passed away and I still have shotgun( i have LTC, but shotgun is not in my name) i would like to send to his son in another state,he has an LTC. Options???

I picked up my friends shotgun for safe keeping at Police Dept. He passed away
Condolences
and I still have shotgun( i have LTC, but shotgun is not in my name)
The bold part is irrelevant, as is how you got it.
i would like to send to his son in another state,he has an LTC. Options???
If he has a MA LTC, return his father's shotgun to him when he next visits. In most other states, the possession of a LTC doesn't even matter here.

Otherwise, he needs a receiving FFL. You need to send it there. The FFL will complete the appropriate paperwork for the transfer.

Thank you. The only sticky part i am hung up on is that can i do this without being the"owner if said firearm.

As long as it’s not MA, NY, NJ, CT or CA you basically just show up with said long gun and transfer it at an FFL to soar legal resident of that state. You don’t really matter in the equation. Just get it to the person or FFL.

Though technically maybe not correct, most would just give it to said person and be done with it. There is no federal firearms registry….and undocumented guns are the best kind!!!

Back
Top Bottom