Question about Original Bob's in Salisbury

I was told they did not let anyone shoot by themselves any longer, unless perhaps you're a regular/known customer.

OP, you can always call them, they're very nice people.

Yeah I would call and find out the policy, otherwise bring a friennd with an LTC. I am guessing they might have changed it after that guy blew his brains out not all that long ago.

-Mike

Good people up there. You may have to wait for a lane if you go on the weekend.

On 6/5 I sent an email asking if I needed an LTC to rent and shoot there and was told that I did not need one. Unless the policy has changed since then you should be good to go.

clear the weapon, keep your finger off the trigger, and don't point it at anyone's head.
They can probably spot the yahoos who don't belong there

Yeah I would call and find out the policy, otherwise bring a friennd with an LTC. I am guessing they might have changed it after that guy blew his brains out not all that long ago.

-Mike

Just a friend i think theyre just nervous of people with no ltc shooting along, try to go when its quiet like during the day or eesday night perhaps.

Was there twice in Sept. Once alone, once with my son. Neither of us had our LTC at the time. Good people. You need to sign a waiver the first time.

+1 for Jack.

Your all set by yourself, might get a look if you rent a .22 and the S&W 500.

Wow, that's rough! [shocked]

Where've you been Madball? I stopped in last week to see Jack, saw Harleynut, but I haven't see you there in ages, not even @ the Lumberyard. Sorry to hijack the tread.

No LTC required, if it's your first time you have to fill out some sort of waiver saying you're not a felon or something like that and they might want to see your driver's license. I think it's $20.00 for up to two people per hour per lane, gun rental is like $10.00 plus you have to buy ammo & targets. Bob's is a great place to just hang out.

http://www.originalbobsshootingrange.com/index.html

Wow, that's rough! [shocked]

Where've you been Madball? I stopped in last week to see Jack, saw Harleynut, but I haven't see you there in ages, not even @ the Lumberyard. Sorry to hijack the tread.

No LTC required, if it's your first time you have to fill out some sort of waiver saying you're not a felon or something like that and they might want to see your driver's license. I think it's $20.00 for up to two people per hour per lane, gun rental is like $10.00 plus you have to buy ammo & targets. Bob's is a great place to just hang out.

http://www.originalbobsshootingrange.com/index.html

I've been around, you know how it goes, work and kids and stuff

I've never paid more then 20$ to shoot and gone over a hour then again I've gone there a bunch and allways joke around with the guys. I'm not a member to a club yet so I go there to shoot my pistole... O yeah stay away from the first lane when you walk in. The target holder gets off track.

They got a few new guns in for renting.

Rented the s&w 500 last time I went.if you wanna shoot a 1911 in .45acp I can bring my Remington 1911 if you wanna meet up etc . If so its cheaper if we buy ammo befor going there there reloads are 22 23$ for 50

I shoot there a lot in the winter months. The guys up there re always great to deal with. Everyone hit the high points. IMHO it is a great place to go. Be safe, take your time, ask for help if you need it and be safe!!

Have a great time!!!

I've been around, you know how it goes, work and kids and stuff

Yeah, I know all too well. Looks like nobody got your inference . . . .

Your all set by yourself, might get a look if you rent a .22 and the S&W 500.

except maybe drgrant .

-Mike

That guy fired his own .22's while waiting for the other shooters on the range to leave so he could use the rented S&W 500.
At least he was considerate of others. It would've sucked standing next to him when he did it. Sad [sad2].

When i shot the s&w 500 there it was me and a buddy on one lane. We each took one shot and turned around and there was two younger guys standing behind us with the omg look. They just sat there and watched as we went through one box of ammo ...
Every one needs to shoot that thing once lol.

When i shot the s&w 500 there it was me and a buddy on one lane. We each took one shot and turned around and there was two younger guys standing behind us with the omg look. They just sat there and watched as we went through one box of ammo ...
Every one needs to shoot that thing once lol.

I saw a guy shoot it once and only once.

I've been to Bob's a few times. Good place to shoot adn hang out. If you go on a Friday afternoon or Saturday afternoon expect many younger guys that don't have much experience shooting with their girlfriends on a date. It is actually quite entertaining.....the "showoffs" with rented pistols that barely hit paper from 20 feet and act all badass in front of the girls. Its a riot!

I'll say this as pc as I can.

Me and a buddy went one day. There was a group of Asian kids. Some guys and some girls wear open to heels and skirts(nice too look at). Non of them spoke much English . I was shooting my 1911 and my buddy said between mag changes they all ducked every time I fired. So next mag I fired as fast as I could I put the gun down and turn .. I had 3 glock pointed at me .
I started yelling down range.
Nothing still pointing guns at me in shock.
Thought of deer hunter and started yell mow! While pointing down at the floor. They got the hint...

Just be smart and look through the glass at who's shooting and how they are there befor u go into the range. Some times they get side track and don't keep a good idea on renters...

My last funny story about bob's......Very rarely do I see anyone renting at that range shooting revolvers. Most of the renters are there to keep it cheap and rent any assortment of 9mm semis probably because the amo is cheap and revolvers are not "in" with most of the young guys these days. I go there every now and then to stay fresh with my daily carry .357. I walked in with my son and proceeded to dump a full cylinder of remington golden sabres as fast as I could at a full size shilouette (all 5 hit center mass and I'm satisfied). I looked back and my son was laughing because the guys in the lane to my left were ducking and the guy on the lane to my right at the table behind the lane dropped a whole box of 9mm amo on the floor because it scared him! Don't know why that made me laugh but it did!

Back
Top Bottom