• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question about Nagant 1895 Revolver

I've been looking to pick one of these up to supplement my Mosin Nagant 91/30, and for around $100 dollars you cant go wrong. Now my question is, are these common enough at Gun Shows in Massachusetts or should I order one online and pay for the shipping and transfer fees. I just got my LTC-A in August so I'm still learning the best places to find deals.

Thanks

You're reminding me I want to pick one up to suppress. It's just cool to be able to throw a suppressor on a revolver.

I meant to do that last year... Before I moved to MA... Now it seems that I will be waiting until I move back to America to build that.

If your local FFL has fair transfer fees then your may be better off ordering one online and having it shipped. Any Nagant revolver you find at a gun show will be just as much or more in price than what it'll end up costing you from a distributor. After all, they're probably buying from distributors too.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

I've seen a few at gun shows in MA, the asking prices were 200+ and 300+ in shit condition [rolleyes] ... just get your C&R first, there will be plenty of Nagants left over once you get it.

I have seen them at Collectors in Merrimack, NH for $150. That's probably close to what you'd pay buying online with shipping and transfer fee (assuming no C&R). Of course, if you live in MA, you'll have to have them transfer it to a MA FFL.

I have also been meaning to pick up one of these on my C&R. I've always worried that I wouldn't be able to find ammo, and then I bought other stuff instead.

I've always worried that I wouldn't be able to find ammo

The cost of that unique ammo offsets anything you save by buying the revolver. It's my understanding there was some conversion cylinders made in .32, but even then it's not like .32 is cheap and plentiful. Neither round is very effective either. IMO you'd be better served by a used Model 10.

The ammo I just ordered worked out to around 34 cents per round. It's cheaper if you buy a spam can, but that is 78 boxes of 14 rounds, or 1,092 rounds. I do not expect I would ever shoot close to that out of one of these things.

sksRay gives good advise.

For those o you who don't know what one is:

left1%20800x521.jpg

right1%20800x517.jpg

holster%20800x499.jpg

I'll add that they were originally bought for cavalry ... long time ago and were required to drop a horse dead from 50 yards. So if you think that this is some inaccurate bullshit gun with a homo cartridge ...

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add that they were originally bought for cavalry ... long time ago and were required to drop a horse dead from 50 yards. So if you think that this is some inaccurate bullshit gun with a homo cartridge ...

... oh, and Russian Tsar was shot from one of these

Thanks for all the feed back guys, appreciate it, looks like I'll just order one online. Also im glad I reminded people of this small piece of history :) I've also decided to apply for my C&R license. I never heard of it until I asked this question seems like just the thing for me!

Last edited:
Talk about your fast service. I ordered these guys on Wednesday, and they were just delivered to me on Friday.

I have no basis for comparison, but they look to be in decent condition. And the good folks at (not gonna say the name) were nice enough to send me one from each arsenal. I did not pay hand pick for either of these.

100_1409.jpg

I have a few hundred rounds coming on Monday, but I'm going to take a motorcycle ride right now to try and find some ammo locally.

Get an extra mainspring and shave down its width to reduce trigger pull. Or do the small bolt trick - look on the web for instructions - you bascially preload the spring to take some weight out of it. I like thining the mainspring method, but dont go too far else it will break. Either way makes DA much better - well, anything over stock would be better.

Back
Top Bottom