• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question about Glocks in MA

Sorry if this has been answered before. I can't find this specific question answered, and I don't want to run afoul of MA laws pertaining to Glocks.

I'm a New Hampshire resident with an unlimited MA non-resident pistol permit. Due to arthritis and declining grip strength, my G26.5 is becoming too much for me (thank God I can still shoot my G48). I would like to gift it to my brother-in-law who lives in MA and is also legal. Can I just drive it to his local FFL and have it transferred to him?

Thanks in advance.

Short answer: nope

Longer answer: if it was in MA before ’98 it can be transferred.

you can loan it to him , for "legitimate sporting purposes" with 10 round magazines but not for CCW.

Transferring it is not an option.

you can loan it to him , for "legitimate sporting purposes" with 10 round magazines but not for CCW.

Transferring it is not an option.

Nonsense. Why can’t he CCW? Please cite the law.

Also, transfer may be an option depending on build date (Which has nothing to do with it being in MA previously).

Whole lot of fail in this thread.

Nonsense. Why can’t he CCW? Please cite the law.

Also, transfer may be an option depending on build date (Which has nothing to do with it being in MA previously).

Whole lot of fail in this thread.

fail?

Pursuant to 18 USC 922(a)(5), it is unlawful for “for any person…to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person…who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in…the State in which the transferor resides; except that this paragraph shall not apply to…(B) the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;”

And since the G26 was introduced in 1995, there are not a lot of them that were in MA prior to 1998, and I have not quite figured out what a 26.5 is, but I think it is safe to assume it was not made in the 20th century

If the OP wants to post the first 3 of the SN we can determine the manufacturing date with some accuracy.

Now could he just transfer the frame? I leave that for the NES folks who are much wiser than I... up here in NH we just buy them with no problems.

Last edited:
Remember, practical shooting competition (USPSA, IDPA, etc.) is not a sporting purpose for the purpose of GCA68.

fail?

Pursuant to 18 USC 922(a)(5), it is unlawful for “for any person…to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person…who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in…the State in which the transferor resides; except that this paragraph shall not apply to…(B) the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;”

And since the G26 was introduced in 1995, there are not a lot of them that were in MA prior to 1998, and I have not quite figured out what a 26.5 is, but I think it is safe to assume it was not made in the 20th century

If the OP wants to post the first 3 of the SN we can determine the manufacturing date with some accuracy.

Now could he just transfer the frame? I leave that for the NES folks who are much wiser than I... up here in NH we just buy them with no problems.

I stand corrected. Inter-state loan = no bueno

Answer to OP’s question about driving it to the FFL for transfer is still “maybe”. Depending on the date of manufacture. It did not need to be in MA prior to 1998, just made before 1998.

26.5 is Glock shorthand for 26 Gen 5. It was built last year.

find a FFL in MA that will accept the FRAME only as a transfer, then gift him the slide.

I am not versed as to if once a slide is mated to a frame a EFA-10 is required, I will leave that to the MA folks

I just call it a Gen 5 G26 as do most others, as Glock has so many variations ...

The # of variants of the G17 makes my head spin....

find a FFL in MA that will accept the FRAME only as a transfer, then gift him the slide.

I am not versed as to if once a slide is mated to a frame a EFA-10 is required, I will leave that to the MA folks

I just call it a Gen 5 G26 as do most others, as Glock has so many variations ...

The # of variants of the G17 makes my head spin....
No

Back
Top Bottom