• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question about fingerprinting

I am applying for my Florida LTC, they sent me a fingerprint card to mail back to them. Well I went to the Brockton PD and they told me they don't have anyone to do it there. This is the same place that fingerprinted me for my LTC.... Needless to say they confused the hell out of me.

Then they sent me to the Sheriff's office in Brockton and they said they can't do it either. Does anyone know where I can go to get this taken care of? thanks

Depends on far you want to travel and how much you want to pay.

There's a few private services listed in the Yellow Pages (one in Boston, another in Wakefield).

You could try another PD, but, good luck with that if you're not a resident, and even if you were, expect some foot dragging or "come back another time" excuse.

State Police is a possibility... if and when they have the time.

Try the town that you work in- assuming it's not Brockton.

My town will only fingerprint for residents and people who work in that town. They don't verify really, they may ask, but who would know...

Stick up a liquor store and get finger printed for free.
[laugh2] Yea no kidding. I called a trooper friend and asked him if the state police would do it.......to make a long story short....... he called the local PD he use to work for and set me up an appointment tomorrow to print me. [cheers]

Such BS Brockton wouldn't do it, they just fingerprinted me a month ago for my LTC. [banghead]

Did they say they will never do it or is it just at that instant? North Andover PD had been great. I need to call them and if they are available I go in right away. Not available when they have a prisoner or the like. That's why I asked. They check DL for residency.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Her exact words were "No we don't do that here" I said "Really?!" The she said something about lacking a technician then told me I can call these two places she had on the wall or try the sheriff's office. She never told me to try back later or anything like that.

Buy some ink
The cards have a place on them to identify the person who took them and presumably verified your ID...

I would assume they would reject cards if you did them yourself...

Sorry, your PD is being difficult. Like others here, my Licensing Officer does them by appointment as needed...

If you get desperate and find yourself in FL - you can go to the sheriff's office and get them done digitally. They only do that one day a week last I checked, so call ahead...

The cards have a place on them to identify the person who took them and presumably verified your ID...

I would assume they would reject cards if you did them yourself...

Yup. From the application instructions...

FINGERPRINT CARD INSTRUCTIONS
Your fingerprints must be taken at a law enforcement agency. IMPORTANT!! If you use the fingerprint card instead of having
the law enforcement agency use a LIVE SCAN device to submit your prints electronically, the block on the card entitled
Employer and Address must be left blank. The name and address of the law eforcement agency at which your prints
were taken must appear on the back of the card in the blank area of the upper right corner. Additional instructions are
included in this package.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/ap.../Concealed Weapon_ApplicationInstructions.pdf

Her exact words were "No we don't do that here" I said "Really?!" The she said something about lacking a technician then told me I can call these two places she had on the wall or try the sheriff's office. She never told me to try back later or anything like that.

The 'THAT' in we don't do that here, probably meant..."We don't provide fingerprinting services for gun permit applications in other jurisdictions."

Check with other cop shops, but call ahead first to save yourself some grief.

I know Plymouth certainly still prints fingerprints on cards for MA applications.

In CT you can go to the state police. My father was getting the runaround in New Haven. He showed up walking with a cane during a snowstorm, and they told him they ran out of print forms, come back another time. He did, and they put him off again. He went up to the state police, who got a chuckle out of hearing about that, and printed him right away.

i'm from brockton, got the same thing, call the local state trooper barax (sp) they did my last set for free.
i think it's in milton, right off of 128, make sure you call first, uless it's a shift change
there may not be anyone there to print you.
garyz

Back
Top Bottom