• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

question about concealed carry

I carry a concealed GP100 from time to time in a pancake holster made by Strong. It tucks in nice and tight to my side, and a loose shirt covers it well. I'm short. Normal sized people should have no trouble hiding one with the right belt and holster.

Thanks for all your replies .
I'll probably go with some sort of fanny pack . The maxpedition stuff looks good but has sort of a military/tactical look . Not that thats a bad thing , I just think when you wear military/tactical looking stuff you draw too much attention .

How about a fanny pack? You will look gay but you will have your gun! [laugh]

fannypack.jpg

But seriously.

DP1-600.jpg

That's funny!

I would think though, that even the black 'tactical' pack wouldn't be fooling too many people, since it appears to have a mag pouch and a knife pouch. That would seem to be just a notch above 'open carry' in terms of tipping off others that you're packing a gun.

I'm not sure if this was stated already, I just skimmed through the thread.

If you're having an issue concealing the handle of the firearm, since it looks rather long, maybe try modding and cutting the grip frame to accept smaller grips? I'm not sure if there is any functional parts inside the grip that would be affected, I'm not familiar with revolvers.

I think with a shorter grip frame, a good IWB holster will do just fine.

If you're having an issue concealing the handle of the firearm, since it looks rather long, maybe try modding and cutting the grip frame to accept smaller grips? I'm not sure if there is any functional parts inside the grip that would be affected, I'm not familiar with revolvers.
Typically the mainspring.

Getting a decent holster and a loose cover garment would be a far better suggestion. And/or trading it in for a snubbie. Either would be better than goonsmithing it.

Typically the mainspring.

Getting a decent holster and a loose cover garment would be a far better suggestion. And/or trading it in for a snubbie. Either would be better than goonsmithing it.

Yeah I agree on goonsmithing the frame but those grips maybe able to be shaved or replaced with more carry friendly versions. That said I used to carry my SW1911 IWB with out a problem. But, either my shirts shrunk in the wash or I got fatter either way it is getting harder to find t-shirts that carry well.

It's easy to tell someone else how to spend their money but I'm going to anyway. Get a J-frame airlight revolver. The one I carry is a 351-PD in .22 WMR. It holds seven rounds of ammo and weighs in at 10.6 ounces. No holster needed, I just slip it into my front pants pocket and even in a light weight pair of jogging shorts you'll barely know it's there and no one else will either.

I recommend that you use a pocket holster.

+1. Keeps lint and crap off the gun, keeps it oriented properly for the draw, and keeps anything from snagging on the trigger. Additionally, it helps mask the shape if it does print slightly in your pocket.

I've tried a couple of different pocket holsters and I didn't like them. They just added unwanted bulk. The gun fits fine in my pocket, draws well and doesn't print much.

I've tried a couple of different pocket holsters and I didn't like them. They just added unwanted bulk. The gun fits fine in my pocket, draws well and doesn't print much.

Eh, if it works for you then it works for you. There's always more than one way to skin a...um...I'm not finishing that. I don't want to derail this thread.

Can you tell that I am carrying a .44 Magnum Smith & Wesson Model 29?
DSC00374.jpg

Because I am:
DSC00369.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

The right belt and the right holster will make a revolver EASIER to conceal than a blocky semi auto. And that ain't no lie.

Back
Top Bottom