question about Broadhead

I simply picked up a bunch of broadheads on clearance,some say cross bow on them.Is there any difference between them? they give the impression of being constant,and I cant see that it'd create a difference they each area unit arrows.

Last edited:
i just googled it and now know more about cross bow bolts and regular arrows than i want. try that. :) the short answer, yes, certain styles can be shot from both, so google says.

I have been trying to figure out same thing. I ordered some rage trypan's for cross bow and they sent me compound heads. These are rear deploying with shock collars. The only difference I could find is the shock collars as I ordered extra for cross bow heads. I changed out the collars and I think I am good to go. As far as fixed heads I can't see a difference holding each side by side...My first cross bow so I am curious also.

For fixed heads I always shot the G5 Montec's, cut on contact and tough as hell. I know others that shoot slick tricks and Muzzy's and really like them. Pretty much any quality name broadhead that is SPARP will be fine. I have been shooting the same two heads NAP Spitfire mechanical and Montec fixed heads for so long I haven't tried any others in more than a decade. My advice don't go for anything that is gimmicky, stick to a basic solid design from a big name and you should be fine.

I like the 4 blade Magnus Black Hornets and the Buzz Cuts as well. They fly true, spin true, and group with field points. They're also tough as nails and backed by a lifetime no questions asked warranty.

I tried the slick trick magnums. Wanted to like them but they did not spin true. Tried the Muzzy. Decent head but it didn't group as tight as the Magnus. Blades were also a bit weak. Good thing they're easily changeable. Price point is attractive.

Magnus also has a head similar to the Montec. It's called the Snuffer. It also flies like a dart and is very easy to sharpen.

I simply picked up a bunch of broadheads on clearance,some say cross bow on them.Is there any difference between them? they give the impression of being constant,and I cant see that it'd create a difference they each area unit arrows.

Generally mechanical Broadhead marked for crossbows are usually harder to open. Sometimes it’s just an advertising gimmick.

A crossbow arrow launch is very violent compared to a compound bow. Because the crossbow has much shorted limbs and draw length they require a lot more power to achieve the same velocity.

Add to that the crossbow arrow is much shorter and harder to stabilize. A low profile fixed Broadhead will help keep the Broadhead steering the arrow.

My crossbow is 200lb draw and will launch a 20” arrow a little over 300fps.

Generally rally when you are talking crossbow Broadheads you want a low profile fixed blade or a good mechanical. My go to Broadhead is the NAP Spitfire. I have had great success with it. If you use the Spitfire don’t play with the blades opening and closing them. It will loosen the clips that keep the blades closed.

Bob

For fixed heads I always shot the G5 Montec's, cut on contact and tough as hell. I know others that shoot slick tricks and Muzzy's and really like them. Pretty much any quality name broadhead that is SPARP will be fine. I have been shooting the same two heads NAP Spitfire mechanical and Montec fixed heads for so long I haven't tried any others in more than a decade. My advice don't go for anything that is gimmicky, stick to a basic solid design from a big name and you should be fine.
Those Montec fixed are awesome !!! Tuff as hell ! They go rite threw everything

Back
Top Bottom